Sign in to follow this  
null54

Paint Shop Pro FileType (2015-01-05)

'Most viewed & downloaded/ least replied to', thread winner 2011!:star: (not actually official).

We can't have that - many thanks for your hard work and happy new year.

Added support for loading the 4-bit and 1-bit indexed formats.

The format version can now be selected on save, and floating raster layers are now loaded.

File version updated to 1.0.1.0. ;)

• Upvote 1

Hmm...I'm not having any success opening pspimage files. I keep getting "There was an error reading the file from the media". I stayed away from any files that I know contain vector layers, but I couldn't even open jpg files that I had erased the background and saved as a pspimage file in order to preserve the transparency. I'll assume it's "operator error" at this point, but does it matter if my files were created using PSP X6?

Thanks for your help, bro.

-deejay

Hmm...I'm not having any success opening pspimage files. I keep getting "There was an error reading the file from the media". I stayed away from any files that I know contain vector layers, but I couldn't even open jpg files that I had erased the background and saved as a pspimage file in order to preserve the transparency. I'll assume it's "operator error" at this point, but does it matter if my files were created using PSP X6?

It should not matter if the files were created with PSP X6.

I keep getting "There was an error reading the file from the media".

That sounds like a file-read-error to me. You using a USB or some other media to store the files?

No. The files are on my hard drive. Well I've tried opening every pspimage file I have so I'll just move on. If I discover the problem I'll let you know.

I even changed the default program for pspimage files to Paint.net but it still isn't working for me. Paint.net opens other file types in the same folder open no problem. I'm running this on a seperate computer that doesn't have Paint Shop Pro installed on it, if that makes any difference. Other than that there is no difference in the systems.

I even changed the default program for pspimage files to Paint.net but it still isn't working for me. Paint.net opens other file types in the same folder open no problem. I'm running this on a seperate computer that doesn't have Paint Shop Pro installed on it, if that makes any difference. Other than that there is no difference in the systems.

Would it be possible for you to upload one of the files and PM me the link?

There could be some issue with files saved by PSP X6 that causes the plugin to crash.

Alright I uploaded a file and sent you the link. It's about as simple a file as can be...just an image with the background removed. I figure whatever the issue is it's going to apply to all pspimage files I have regardless of the number of layers it contains. I won't be surprised if it turn out to be something simple (for you), so I'll look forward to your response.

Thanks again,

deejay

It appears that PSP X2 and later use a new format for the layer data that is not backwards compatible with previous versions, and Corel has not updated the public format specification to describe it.

In order for the files to be loaded by this plugin you must save them with the compatibility options set to PaintShop Pro 10 or earlier.

Fixed a crash with layers that are larger than the main image.

Added support for files created with PSP X2 and later, various other bugs fixed.

File version updated to 1.0.2.0.

• Upvote 1

I created this account just to be able to say thank you for this great plug-in. It allows me to access files from long ago :-)

Donation is my next step.

again THANK YOU for bringing this to this fantastic app you've made it more fantasticer O.o 

Jon

• Upvote 1

As I seem to have misplaced my (very old) PSP5-CD, this is a great plug-in although it seems to import some of the layers wrong (they open top left instead of at the right position). I have literally hundreds of PSP files stacked over the years. But (at least) one 35MB PSP file gives me the following error:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at PaintShopProFiletype.PSPFile.Load(Stream input)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 476
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Not sure if you know what causes this?

Not sure if you know what causes this?

The only thing I can think of is that the saved layer bounds are located outside the main image.

If you could upload one of the files that causes this to Dropbox or some other file host and PM me the link, it would be extremely helpful in isolating the problem.