Many Images in the background.

I have followed the tutorials about Making The Background Of Images Transparent. But the pictures that I'm working on have too many objects in it, so, I can't really come up with a finished version that I really like. If you can come up with an answer of how to do it, or what am I missing, please let me know. I'll leave a link to one of the pictures that I'm working on.

http://www.darioandradeny.com/uploads/7/8/8/3/7883368/sam_0125.png

Thanks.

Ps. I Just want to keep the model with the bag and nothing else.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
replaced image with link

1. Use the lasso select tool :LassoSelectTool: to draw a selection around the model and bag (don't worry too much about how wide the selection is around the model - so long as you get her all inside the selection)

2. Press CTRL + I to invert the selection.

3. Press delete.

yhsjjie-12.png

Now you have a much smaller background to remove. This tutorial might help you get rid of even that: http://forums.getpai...ky-backgrounds/

Your best bet is to get the Alphamask plugin check this thread out. http://forums.getpai...sd-render-help/ If you like I can do it for you, but I feel you should at least give it a go yourself first.

Hi. I tried to look for the plugin but it seems like it's an old one, and is not compatible with the recent version of paint.net [v.3.5.8]. Anyway I'm not too techie which is precisely why I can't get the job done to my satisfaction. Could you do it and show me result? Thanks.

1. Use the lasso select tool :LassoSelectTool: to draw a selection around the model and bag (don't worry too much about how wide the selection is around the model - so long as you get her all inside the selection)

2. Press CTRL + I to invert the selection.

3. Press delete.

yhsjjie-12.png

Now you have a much smaller background to remove. This tutorial might help you get rid of even that: http://forums.getpai...ky-backgrounds/

Hi. I can do that, my problem is the edges around the model and the bag. Now the tutorial that you are giving me seems like it get's the job done, but I'm not too techie, but I'll try anyway. Thanks for your help.

:P Just do what I do. Hunker down and prepare yourself for some intense and very precise eraser tooling

To me, it's the only way to get near perfect results. Effects can help smooth it out, or make it easier, but erasing has been the only way to get it exactly to how I want it.

I just made a guide on something similar to this, it gives some pointers, but there's really nothing you can learn from a guide it's more of something you just have to practice at.

SamusSig-1.png

:P Just do what I do. Hunker down and prepare yourself for some intense and very precise eraser tooling

To me, it's the only way to get near perfect results. Effects can help smooth it out, or make it easier, but erasing has been the only way to get it exactly to how I want it.

I just made a guide on something similar to this, it gives some pointers, but there's really nothing you can learn from a guide it's more of something you just have to practice at.

I have thought about it but haven't done it yet. It seems like one of the few surefire ways to do it. It's a painstaking job, but, gotta get it done.

Thanks for your input [and for this :P] he he. :mrgreen:

I have thought about it but haven't done it yet. It seems like one of the few surefire ways to do it. It's a painstaking job, but, gotta get it done.

Thanks for your input [and for this :P] he he. :mrgreen:

Yep, unless you've got Photoshop, this is the only way to get great results in PDN.

Even if you had photoshop, you would still be doing something rather time consuming. It's essentially a lasso selection tool, except it's adjustable as you go and much easier to work with/more precise.

In either situation though, it involves manually scrutinizing every edge pixel you want and outlining the whole piece :P

I wish you luck!

If you'd like, feel free to PM me for help.

SamusSig-1.png

So far this is one of the results that I have come up with, but I'm not 100% satisfied.

I will be waiting for some more inputs.

I'm new into this photo editing thing, so, most advices so far are more or less complicated.

Thanks for the help that I have gotten so far.

:mtdew:

ps. sorry I can't figure out how to put the link only.

Edit:

PICTURE

[got it - Thanks :mrgreen:]

Edited by Serg

Wow. Interestingly you did pretty decent on the hair for the most part O-o

To me it seems like all thats left to do is to just keep practicing, and work closer to the edge of her outline. Some areas like between her buttox and backpack still have some white as you see, so it just takes a matter of finely erasing those parts out.

It can be tricky to do when zoomed in so far, so take the time to zoom out and orient yourself/detect hard to see lines, then as you zoom in follow that line the best you can to determine which pixels form that line.

I notice that the backpack has a very slight shadow against the wall. This might pose some difficulty discerning where it should end against her pants.

In this case, try to imagine where the pants should end.

Or, you could create a layer above this, and use a line tool to draw white curved lines to help visualize where the lines are going. Then use those lines to help you erase.

Seems like you blurred the image a little, which is a good idea to help smooth out the lines. But unfortunately it's blurred her face/body too :l

Something to do about that would be to duplicate the layer (after you have cropped her out), then only blur the lower layer.

This way only the blurred edges are exposed, and the unblurred layer above still presents the crisp/detailed features on the "inside" part of her.

"Inside" meaning anything inbetween the edges, like the purse to her watch.

I like the background too :D

I'm seriously surprised how well the top of her head looks with all the hair.

SamusSig-1.png

....ps. sorry I can't figure out how to put the link only.

Edit your post above (with the large image) and remove the leading and trailing IMG tags (and their bracket enclosures). Leave just the bit beginning with 'http' and ending with '.jpg' :

http://www.darioandradeny.com/uploads/7/8/8/3/7883368/4847702_orig.jpg

Then you'll get this:

http://www.darioandr...847702_orig.jpg

A clickable link! boltbait.big_smile.png

Did this took 5 mins max using alphamask, so if this is what you want I can do a better version and take more time?. Had to remove her left hand as it looked deformed. No matter how long you take and how careful you are, you will never get as good results as you do with alphamask. I should know as I refused to learn alphamasking for months and continued with eraser and magic wand thinking I was getting quicker and better, then I used alphamask for the first time and have never gone back.

Maybe someone here knows why the alphamask plugin I linked you to wont work ?

Untitled.png

Edited by minners71

Did this, took 5 mins max using alphamask, so if this is what you want I can do a better version and take more time?. Had to remove her left hand as it looked deformed. No matter how long you take and how careful you are, you will never get as good results as you do with alphamask. I should know as I refused to learn alphamasking for months and continued with eraser and magic wand thinking I was getting quicker and better, then I used alphamask for the first time and have never gone back.

Maybe someone here knows why the alphamask plugin I linked you to wont work ?

Untitled.png

Nice job ! And it took you about 5 minutes? Impressing.

[sent you a pm] :mrgreen:

Yep, unless you've got Photoshop, this is the only way to get great results in PDN.

I have Photoshop, and it doesn't get results that great all the time. Like any program, it's hit-or-miss with human things like that. Now, Adobe has done some impressive stuff, but it still doesn't give perfect results.

In fact, you can tell the good designers and the bad designers apart, often, because the bad ones just let the defaults stand and ignore the problems that arise from that...

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.