Rectangle Selection - Specify Size

Guys

I have just discovered Paint.NET and am absolutely delighted with it but I now have a question that I cannot seem to find a solution to.

I have a need to repeatedly 'copy' an area of a certain size (say X by Y) from a number of images.

I can set the size, by eye, using the rectangular selection tool and then simply move that to each area on the image I wish to copy - no problem.

But I want to do the same size from a number of different images (and will be doing this over a number of different sessions/days etc.) Can anyone point me in the right direction of if/how this can be done.

Thanks

if i undestand you, you want to be able to specify a fixed size for a rectangle selection, correct?

not a hard thing at all.. once you select the rectangle selection tool,your toolbar just above the PDN window will have three choices. on the left will be TOOL , next will be SELECTION MODE , next up will be the word NORMAL. Click on the drop menu arrow next to the word NORMAL and choose FIXED SIZE. This will open additional options, for height, width, and the type of messurment you prefer

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

But that's not really applicable to the OP's question, now is it? :P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 12 years later...

@MHile Welcome to the forum.

However, you have revived a thread which is 12 years old.

Before posting again, please read the Forum Rules (linked at the top and bottom of every page). Read them all, but note in particular #11.

You should also read the Documentation. Click the :Help: Help icon top right in paint.net.

The info you were looking for is described here: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/RectangleSelectionTool.html