Sign in to follow this  
Alpha247

Having a problem with dds files

Ok I been using paint.net for awhile with dds. I have this one problem deleting parts. I try this save setting dxt5/ iterative fit /perceptual / weight colors by alpha. I try that for 2 days and it work deleting parts when saving. Then today I save a dds file using the same settings and the files turn all white or all black. What is the best save setting so it won't turn black nor white when I want to cut out parts?

I've never really used .DDS file extensions before. I know what they're used for, more or less, but I have no experience with them and didn't realize you could delete different parts from them.

My only possible guess would be to check your layer blending settings. Maybe when it gets flattened something gets messy there.

Nah I had paint.net on a different pc for awhile and everything was fine. I got a new pc n used the sane settings then upgraded to the v3.5.9 beta and that's when it went wrong.

Well then I'd say it's relevant to the Beta build then without knowing anything else.

You could PM me and then we can figure a way for you to send me the .pdn file and I can see if I get the same issue though.

Wait so it turns black/white in the game not in PDN?

I'd suggest trying a different program then to see if it's the game/game editor that is having issues, or if it's really PDN