How can I turn a specific color transparent

Try:

1. 'magic wand' to select the black. - the black should be highlighted pale blue. (Magic wand is 4th down R.H.S in the tools window.)

2. Edit/Erase selection. - should leave the 'checkerboard' pattern.

3. save as .png type file or something that saves transparency.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

What exactly did I say to deserve that -<snip> asking for 'help' - oh, please, will someone that isn't a ...... help me.

Well no point in trying then - I hope it all comes back.

It's a dim question. If you really wanted an answer you would explain what you meant.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Relax - lets not start a flame war.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

He wasn't yelling at you mate.

He was exclaiming how obvious the answer was and how he couldn't figure it out on his own.

It was a giant facepalm but in words.

Also, something better than the "Magic Wand tool" is a plugin called "Grim color reaper" which can change any selected color into pure transparency.

Edited by W@@dy
  • Upvote 1
SamusSig-1.png

He wasn't yelling at you mate.

He was exclaiming how obvious the answer was and how he couldn't figure it out on his own.

It was a giant facepalm but in words.

Also, something better than the "Magic Wand tool" is a plugin called "Grim color reaper" which can change any selected color into pure transparency.

This

What exactly did I say to deserve that -<snip> 't be asking for 'help' - oh, please, will someone that isn't a ...... help me.

Well no point in trying then - I hope it all comes back.

It's a dim question. If you really wanted an answer you would explain what you meant.

Not This

Now that you mention it, I do realise how that could be perceived as sarcasm but it wasnt

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo

I'm sorry - Just took it the wrong way, - never know how 'deep' the question is. (I was only trying to be helpful?)

thank you W&&dy - for brokering the peace!

- I'm very simple myself and assumed this was a rant against my simple answer - then found Bobby 99z had marked me as a friend and thought it some sort of nasty trolling. My mistake and sorry for the awkward welcome!

Cheers Bobby - sorry for being hypersensitive :mrgreen:

and I'm glad you're not what what I thought you were - I was thinking of leaving the forum myself!

-W@@ndy - grim color reaper - I'm sure that's good - many ways - I just thought I'd pile in early to get the job done - I know what it's like when you're starting and can't find how to do stuff and want a quick reply.

Once again - sorry!

PdnForumSig2.jpg

You're absolutely right to give a quick answer that gets the job done.

It was always my experience/desire to have something that worked and looked professional though, not like the sharp jagginess the magic wand sometimes leaves.

Magic wand can be really good, if used right. That's something that takes a bit of experience to figure out. Simply over time you just learn how to use it best by adjusting the "Acceptance" value (I forget the true name sorry, it's the blue bar at the top)

SamusSig-1.png

Cleaned the offending words from the above posts. I'm glad we're all friends again!