Wish to 'mesh' two pictures into one

I am a newcomer to this site, as I was refferd by asking a question in Yahoo! Answers. I sat back and read through the entire guide that came with this program and I am absolutely at a loss for what to do. To start off, I used VLC Media Player to take two pictures that I want to 'morph' (if that is the correct word) into one. I have both pictures saved onto my personal computer. One is of Freddy Krueger's glove and the other is the words "Nightmare on Elm Street". I am trying to make a screensaver/desktop picture for this computer. I would not even know where to begin.

If some of you who have had experience in this can help me step by step, I would greatly appreciate it. I kind of know how to use the old paint program that comes with the computer, but this paint.net stuff is new to me. I guess I should have gone to college to learn how to make pictures like the everyday Joes & Janes out there LOL

I am unable to attach the two pictures as they are 'too big to upload'.

Lost in the world of the net...

Hi geriz94, welcome ot the forum.

This section of the forum is reserved for publishing tutorials. You'll be wanting to ask your question in the Paint.net Discussion & Questions section. I'll move it there for you.

In answer to your question, there is this tutorial: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/19517-beginner-image-merging-image-heavy/

If that is still too complicated, then I can recommend pressing F1 in Paint.net to access the online documentation.

<Moved to PDN D & Q>

geriz94, I am pretty new to paint.net also,found it in the beginning of this year and was in your position back then. I will say do not give up,learn how to and download all the plugins that you can so that you can use all the effects,then go do some tutorials. Start with the easier ones first, learn to work with layers and then work up to the harder tutorials. Soon you will surprise yourself with what you can do. Don't be afraid to experiment with changing the settings in some tutorials,you can always undo them. Also a big hint to maintain your sanity in this learning process is Save,Save,Save. It will realy bum you out if the power goes out,or you lose connection,or even worse windows updates in the middle of a project you worked on for hours and it disappears,save,save,save,lol. If you have the hard drive space save everything. I save projects in a few stages while making them for future projects and as a png and jpg file after they are done. Take a look at people's gallery's and you will see the kinds of things you can do. Right now I can put anybody's face or whole body in any picture anywhere,lol,it scares the hell out of my friends,lol,probably because I experimented on them while learning,lol. But the point I am making is that 9 months ago I had no idea how to do this. Using the tutorials,reading,asking questions and experimenting,all of which I am still doing have made me very pleased with how far I have come so far. This forum is the best place for you to be to walk you thru it all,you just have to read and look for the topics you need answers to. This section is great for any questions that you could not find the answers to. Oh ya,I don't have a college education either so I know you don't need that for this program. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your works.

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I tried the tuorial that was suugested. Only problemis, I see the tuorial has both pictures on the same 'layer' effect. I am still at a loss as to what I should do. If anyone out there can help, I'd like to send you the two pics I have and if possible, could you 'walk' me through what you did to make the picture into one? I think my profile is set up and you can send a message as to what your email address is. Thank you again, paint.net community.

PS I am unable to attach the file as I am told it is too big for the upload.

No, the tutorial says (Step 2) to put the images on separate layers.

You can do this by opening one image then using Layers > Import from File (see http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/LayersMenu.html ).

(Note that if the second image is larger than the first you'll be asked if you want to resize the canvas to the larger size).

This may be of assistance to help you understand layers: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithLayers.html

To the person who had responded to my inquiry, I wanted to ask if you could directly email me? I think my email address is in my profile. I can't upload the pics because the file is too big. But, if you can help me out, I'd be happy. I am trying to go about this using all of the help, but it's a bit complicated. I guess for being older in life, you lose the ability to do stuff right.

To the admin who is trying to help, I welcome your input greatly. I am trying everything you suggest, but just can't grasp what I'm supposed to do.

I am in debt to one and all for trying to help out. I'll get the hang of this someday soon.

geriz94,

There are two icons just under each users avatar (the picture used to depict themselves on the forum). One of them looks like an envelope. Clicking that icon starts a Private Message (PM) to that user.

Think of it as a forum email system. If you need further help, try PM'ing me or one of the other users who has posted in this thread.