problems installing Paint.net 3.5.8

JohnW

hi there

I am new to Paint.net.

I am trying, but failing, to install it on my works laptop - Windows XP SP3.

Have tried several times to run the EXE file - but when it tries to install Microsoft.Net 3.5 SP1 the installation (client?) hangs at 10% then just disappears and nothing else happens.

Someone suggested I install .Net 4 being a smaller installation file - 40ishMb - so I did that.

But when I ran the Paint.net EXE again, the same thing happened.

Is it possible to install both Microsoft.Net and Paint.net SEPERATELY? This is giving me a headache!

Thanks

John,

UK

hi there

I am new to Paint.net.

I am trying, but failing, to install it on my works laptop - Windows XP SP3.

Have tried several times to run the EXE file - but when it tries to install Microsoft.Net 3.5 SP1 the installation (client?) hangs at 10% then just disappears and nothing else happens.

Someone suggested I install .Net 4 being a smaller installation file - 40ishMb - so I did that.

But when I ran the Paint.net EXE again, the same thing happened.

Is it possible to install both Microsoft.Net and Paint.net SEPERATELY? This is giving me a headache!

Thanks

John,

UK

Looks like I have installed Paint.net. Required me to install a standalone version of Microsoft.Net 3.5 SP1 and then run Paint.Net EXE.

Thanks

John

.NET's versioning system is counter-intuitive. Installing .NET 4.0 does not enable you to run .NET 3.5 SP1 applications. Thus, you have to install .NET 3.5 SP1 even if you already have 4.0.

From an end-user's standpoint, it's weird. From a developer's standpoint, it does have some very important merits.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg