PaintShop Pro Mesh Warp type tool

Hi All

I used Paintshop pro since its frist release but as it became a purchase product I moved to paint.net. I think Paint.net is great but there is one PSP feature I really miss and that is the MESH WARP option. So far looking at the Paint.net plugin's I have found nothing that replicates it.

For those who dont know what Mesh Warp is lety me explain. Your picture is overlayed or divided in to sqares where any of the "squares" corners can be grabbed and pushed n pulled to warp that particular section.

Examples:

fig9.gif15.gif

I would be so happy if someone could create a tool that does this or point me in the right direction to an existing plug-in.

Thank you

We don't have anything that does quite what Mesh Warp does.

There are a couple of plugins that will do a smaller number of points: Point Warp and Evan Old's Quadrilateral Reshape

For a completely freehand tool, try @pyrochild's excellent Liquify plugin (which is compatible with Photoshop MESH files - I suspect these are similar to what you're looking for).

• 2 months later...

We don't have anything that does quite what Mesh Warp does.

There are a couple of plugins that will do a smaller number of points: Point Warp and Evan Old's Quadrilateral Reshape

For a completely freehand tool, try @pyrochild's excellent Liquify plugin (which is compatible with Photoshop MESH files - I suspect these are similar to what you're looking for).

Hi

Thanks for these suggestions. I have checked them out and played around with them but they dont seem to replicate what I am looking for. Thanks anyway - appreciated the responses.

If any one can help by creating a plugin that does this please please do so.

Thanks

• 9 months later...

A quick note:

"11) Don't reply to very old threads. Also known as "reviving" or "resuscitating" old/dead threads. Also called "necroposting" (eww). If there has been no discussion in a thread for, say, 3 months ... then it is dead. Do not reply to it -- pretend like it is locked. If you reply to it, then the thread will be immediately locked and your post may be deleted. Please just create a new thread if you have something to say about that subject."

But, to indirectly answer your question, you're free to search the plugins index here:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15260-plugin-index/

^^ That is awesome news!

Progress report:

OVUr8.jpg

It's unusable slow, blurs the whole image, uses straight lines instead of nice smooth curves, and can only stretch things about the distance you see above before it starts leaving weird artifacts everywhere, among many other problems, but it's coming along.

• Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Well, that's many, many times better than I/most of us could do !

Thank you - 'Liquify' is brilliant and I can see this tool being very useful too!

More strength to your elbow - and if the qualifications don't go as planned - you will get 1000's of endorsements on your C.V from this forum. Many thanks - I find your plugins the most useful and ideally would like to see them 'built in' .(when I first discovered PDN, the problem was, no warping tool - a month later you created something way better!)

Again thank you!

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Progress report:

Now THAT made me sit up straight and suck back the dribble....Wow.

It's unusable slow, blurs the whole image, uses straight lines instead of nice smooth curves, and can only stretch things about the distance you see above before it starts leaving weird artifacts everywhere, among many other problems, but it's coming along.

I implemented this once using B-Splines. To optimze the speed and fighting against the blur will be a small challenge for you.

midoras signature.gif

I think this will be a great plugin addition when it's done. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

I know you've got some issues to resolve, but do you think there will be any ability to set the mesh size?

EDIT: Sorry, I guess I was so mesmerized by the picture, I wasn't looking at the details of the plugin itself. :grin:

Edited by jim100361

Brilliant and thank you!

- bit of 'teething' problem, not sure how I 'broke' it:

Hidden Content:
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Grid Warp.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.gridwarp.GridWarp

Full error message: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at pyrochild.effects.gridwarp.DisplacementGrid.SetSize(Int32 width, Int32 height)

at pyrochild.effects.gridwarp.ConfigDialog.OnGridChanged()

at pyrochild.effects.gridwarp.ConfigDialog.gridSize_Validating(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripControlHost.HandleTextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_Text(String value)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripControlHost.set_Text(String value)

at pyrochild.effects.gridwarp.ConfigDialog.set_GridWidth(Int32 value)

at pyrochild.effects.gridwarp.ConfigDialog.InitDialogFromToken(EffectConfigToken effectTokenCopy)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.InitDialogFromToken() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\EffectConfigDialog.cs:line 214

at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.set_EffectToken(EffectConfigToken value) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Effects\EffectConfigDialog.cs:line 267

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 845

Still brilliant though!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg