TV Show Discussion Thread

@lynxster4 ... I've never seen it but my wife watches it ... I've rep'ed you for that enthusiastic review ... especially the wishlist 😄 

Almost an autobiography except the magic and the ... 

Henry Cavill.  I hate him - only because my wife reminded me how I used to look shirtless .  Low blow 😋

Currently enjoying Ray Donovan and not everyone's cup of tea - The InBetween.  

• Like 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

1 hour ago, welshblue said:

Almost an autobiography except the magic and the ... 

You crack me up Welshy!  🤣   Tell your wonderful wife I said 'hi' and she knows what I'm talkin' about. 😉

• Like 1
23 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

she knows what I'm talkin' about. 

I'm not sure how she managed to say 'Hiya' back ... when her tongue was hanging out so much ... shocking objectifying a man like that 😋

5 hours ago, Reptillian said:

I really want to rewatch Luther again.

I'm a big fan, box set etc ... but I think they went a season too far, sort of lost it's edge and became a bit predictable ?  Plus I thought Idris seemed to be going through the motions with his acting.

I stumbled across Detroiters last night, it's so stupid it's  hilarious, but one I'll be watching on my own as the better half doesn't get it

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

• 1 month later...

Just finished season 2 of The Orville and Star Trek Discovery.

There are some truly laugh out loud moments in The Orville s2 as well as some really emotional scenes. Why is this show having trouble finding a home?  It is my favorite sci-fi show on tv at the moment. S2 was even better than S1. 

STD, on the other hand... just kidding. It is getting better as well. I really wanted to like this when it first started... but, the show made that difficult. Now, though, in s2, I’m liking it just fine. Casting a fan favorite was a huge gamble, but I think it paid off. 

I’m looking forward to s3 of both shows (although, I still like The Orville better, STD is growing on me.)

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, welshblue said:

... any suggestions as to any good boxsets ? ...

You mean suggestions other than The Grand Tour seasons 1 ,2 and 3 and the odd "Seamen"?

I've also marked @Ego Eram Reputo's suggestion, The Man in the High Castle, for watching. My son has also recommended too.

I've enjoyed:

The Good Fight (The Good Wife spin off)

Good Omens - odd, black humour

Homecoming

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, 3 seasons

That should keep you busy for 60 days, or at least until football restarts. 

Edited by Djisves
typo
  • Like 1

Xkds4Lh.png

@Ego Eram Reputo ... thanks.  The Head Hunter looks good, and appeals to my better half too

The man in the high castle ... interesting concept and I'll definitely give that a try

@Djisves ... thanks.  I'm a fan of Terry Pratchett so Good Omens is another to watch ... Homecoming - I really don't like Julia Roberts but will give that one a try.

We started watching The Grand Tour tonight as we're both big fans of Clarkson, Hammond and May and nice to see they're just as stupid as they were in Top Gear.

Football.  I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would and personally feel this season should be scrapped.  ... but gutted I won't see Wales win the Euro's until next year 😋

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm normally not a fan of Steve Carell, (I didn't care for The Office, etc.) but I just finished watching the show:

Space Force  7.5/10

and, he did a pretty good job here. His character is lovable and funny. But, to be honest, it is John Malkovich that steals the show.

Also, I'm a big fan of Fred Willard (RIP) and his scenes were pretty funny here.  I wish there would be more of him in this. :(

Throughout the series there were some truly laugh out loud moments.  The ten half-hour episodes are available on Netflix.  Worth the stream.

• Like 1

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

13 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Space Force  7.5/10

John Malkovich is a hoot on this show.  I enjoyed watching it.

Currently watching the latest season of 'The Expanse' on Amazon. That's one crazy show. I heard the next season is already filmed; hopes it drops by the end of the year.

I need to know 'what' is going on!.... (I didn't read the books...)  😲

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality drama (not sci-fi or fantasy) which is available on DVD?