Sign in to follow this  
Sfifer

TV Show Discussion Thread

I watched ~5 episodes of Lovejoy over the weekend. Best line:

Lady Jane: Lovejoy, I want to get something off my chest...

Lovejoy: I hope it's your sweater.

• Upvote 1

Going through the TV planner on the Sky box and discovering 12 Women Who Kill documentaries recorded.  I know I've been miserable lately, but ... 

:lol:  My partner reads True Crime books.  I call it her "research"

• Upvote 2

:lol:  My partner reads True Crime books.  I call it her "research"

:evillaugh:

If either of us goes missing mate, flag this up for the constabulary ;)

After googling Lovejoy I'm trying to think what programme I used to sit through quietly.  It wasn't that 'cos it came out in 1986.  I was 19 and already invisible after getting kicked out 

After googling Lovejoy I'm trying to think what programme I used to sit

through quietly.  It wasn't that 'cos it came out in 1986.  I was 19 and

already invisible after getting kicked out

I was worried you were slightly immature! :lol:

Now I'm worried you're back on the Tramadol. :(

Could it have been 'Shoestring' or 'Bergerac'? (longshot - Celia Imrie was gorgeous in the early episodes!)

Have any of you been watching the show Siberia?

It's a fake reality TV show about Siberia (filmed in Canada, of course).  It's rather interesting.  

Have any of you been watching the show Siberia?

It's a fake reality TV show about Siberia (filmed in Canada, of course).  It's rather interesting.  

I watched it last week...interesting is a good way of putting it. As someone who likes the inner workings of film/television, I think they took a risk with it, but they pull off the reality mixed with cheesy sci-fi genre fairly well.

I came from Siberia to the U.S. when I was almost four. 

They really have a show like that?

It's like the hunger games, almost. 

You can watch it here.

So I got into Game of Thrones while on holiday. I ended up watching all three seasons in a few weeks. I like the way the story develops. There's an unnecessary amount of sex and violence, but I suppose it's good that the TV series is being true to the books.

I'll tell you what's been going on if you want ... 

There's loads more disadvantages to having BBC - the licence fee of £145 a year being just one

Looking forward to seeing the new Doctor on the screen.  A brilliant actor

Welsh: I already know a few of the major details...like what happens in The Angels Take Manhattan...I'll just keep watching the old ones and some of the classics to occupy the time. :roll:

Edited by Daniels

Hawaii 5-0 is definitely my favorite followed by all the CSI's and NCIS's and of course I am a Survivor addict,lol.

Great show.  NCIS is good.  But Get Out Alive, Shark tank, and Under the Dome are all I watch anymore.  I only watch TV when I'm watching with my dad (just a way to spend time together that we both enjoy), and it's too hard to jump in and out of NCIS, CSI, or Hawaii 5-0 without fear of either not being able to understand the plot due to missing a few episodes (or for me, a few seasons) or seeing major spoilers.  One time, when I was still on the second season of Burn Notice on Netflix, I flicked the TV onto USA and an ad was playing for Burn Notice.

Spoiler for those who aren't caught up on the show (MAJOR spoiler) warning:

The ad ended with, "Michael hunts for his brother's killer."  I didn't know his brother had died yet.  Ruined the series for me.

Also, Siberia has fallen through.  Between all of the melodrama, the "unnatural" romance (if you get my drift), and the general cheesiness of the show sort of ruined it.  Quit watching it a while ago.  

Also, no idea what Orphan Black is.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_(TV_series)'> Luther

Idris Elba has to be the best cops on TV ... with one of the best soundtracks the BBC have ever done (for me at least)

Then James Nesbitt in Murphy's Law.  Both hard hitting, gritty dramas with no frills

AGJM

Also, no idea what Orphan Black is.  

Orphan Black is on BBC America, it's on after Doctor Who. Most Critics have named  Tatiana Maslany one of the best actresses on TV. She's won a Critics' Choice Television Award for her performance. 

This is the way to make a tv show - all content no filler.  

Edited by TechnoRobbo

Burn Notice is surprisingly addictive!

It's pretty good.  I just can't get back into it.  Too much storyline for the final season, no filler episodes, so I can't jump in without a ton of spoilers.  I'll probably get the DVDs in a few years, if they make them.