Sign in to follow this  
Sfifer

TV Show Discussion Thread

I've just spent the day watching season 1 of Rumpole of the Bailey. All of the episodes are on YouTube.

Boy that takes me back a bit.  What an actor Leo Mckern was.  

I've been watching the very first series of Shameless again on 4O D ... classic writing

They made one short series where they returned to earth. I think that might have been 9.

Dave Lister meets his alter ego on the Coronation Street set. Hilarious!

It's not a television series, per se, but The Guild is quite funny.  Felicia Day and Co. really capture the MMO Gaming culture, poking fun at gamers without disrespecting them.

Patrick Jane has to be the coolest character on British TV at the moment 

Are you referring to the Mentalist? If so, Simon Baker does an amazing job at playing Jane. I love that show :)

Doctor Who is TOO GOOD.

And yeah I totally called it. The sonic screwdriver is actually a magic wand.

I agree. And easy on the spoilers! some of us don't have BBC!

riversong_spoilers.gif

Got to agree about Dr Who. So glad my daughter got me back into it

Currently hooked on the History channel - Pawn Stars, Ax Men, Storage Wars and Storage Wars Texas ... sort of mindless tv but compelling just the same

TV Shows...

Supernatural

Ghost Whisperer

Fringe

The Walking Dead

Law and Order: SVU

CSI: Miami

CSI: Las Vegas

CSI: New York

The Mentalist

House

Grey's Anatomy

Charmed

NCIS

Edited by Beta0

Just started 2 old shows "How I met your mother" & "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" both really funny :)

Also getting ready for the finale of season 3 of Game of Thrones :( Last weeks episode "The Rains of Castamere" was the most shocking episode of anything I have ever watched 0.0 when it was over I just stared at the TV for what seemed like hours still can't believe what happened.

Edited by minners71

Anyone who likes gritty, british drama with huge helpings of black humour ... give Mad Dogs a try.  Series 3 showing here and it's got to be one of the best dramas on TV right now

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Dogs-Seasons-One-Two/dp/B00BVMXA9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371149887&sr=8-1&keywords=mad+dogs+dvd&tag=01u-20'> Mad dogs

...and speaking of British dramas... my dad just ordered the complete collection of Lovejoy.

Can't wait to borrow it. I always did like that show.

Lovejoy there's a blast from the past.  Sunday nights sat very quiet so's I wasn't sent to bed before it finished.  Not sure why I thought I was invisible

That must be quite a box set.  50 odd episodes. ?

Going through the TV planner on the Sky box and discovering 12 Women Who Kill documentaries recorded.  I know I've been miserable lately, but ... 

Edited by welshblue