Sign in to follow this  
Sfifer

TV Show Discussion Thread

I just finished watching season 1 of Big Bang Theory and find this show VERY funny.

When I first watched it, I thought, " what a load of nonsense" ... now I record 4 episodes a weekend. Strange how things work out.

Edited by welshblue

It's not often feel gutted that TV programmes are coming to an end but only 2 weeks left of series 2 of Bedlam and series 2 of The Killing Love the grittiness of it

... is Seattle really as wet as they portray ?

Just finished watching seasons 2 and 3 of Big Bang Theory.

(I'm off to the store to pick up season 4.)

Currently re-watching Digimon Tamers. Personally, I never thought Digimon, especially Tamers was really a kids show. Tamers is a favorite season to most. And I love it. I can't the sad ending out of my head after a year.

I've been watching House MD.

Pretty good show, but every time they show a condition I think I've got it. =O

Gotta stop watching...

Just watched the first episode of the new Red Dwarf season and was overjoyed to find it funny :) some great scenes especially the moose part :):):)

Also just finished watching episode 2 of season 7 Dexter and looking forward to next week and the same for episode 2 season 2 of Homeland O.O Clare Danes what an actress and stunnig looking as well ;)

My favourite series of all time is Supernatural and Heroes.

A couple of months ago I was still a big fan of Glee, but then the new season started airing and the wackiness of the new characters basically ruined the whole show for me.

Glee is awful. Can't stand that series.

Haven't watched TV in six months o__o I watched Mad Men season 1 on my laptop though. I'd say 4/5 or 4½/5 stars. Great costuming!

I'm watching Nikita season 2 on Netflix right now. After watching this show, all other shows seem slow... :)

I'm watching Nikita season 2 on Netflix right now. After watching this show, all other shows seem slow... :)

I couldn't get into the second series ... but my wife loved it.

@ Minners ... Red Dwarf X is as hilarious as it's predecessors .

Walking Dead series 3 starts Friday with the inclusion of David Morrissey - what an actor

Homeland. To be honest i'm fed up of terrorist things. Again my wife loves it. Is in fact watching it in bed as I type.

I thought Damian Lewis was awesome in Life tho' ...

Edited by welshblue

@Welsh, have you given Homeland a chance I thought the same after soo much 24, but Clare Danes acting is so good I just have to watch it she is the female equivalent of Bryan cranston in Breaking Bad ( another show you really need to see, have yet to hear of anyone who doesn't rank this as their fav show )

Looking forward to Walking Dead as well should be ready to watch by the time I get home from work tonight :)

@Welsh, have you given Homeland a chance

I didn't mate. It didn't appeal to me. I'm not sure my wife has watched all the second series and she wouldn't miss the 1st so maybe I made the right choice ?

Walking Dead - a different story. Just finished watching 3 hours (minus commercial breaks) of the 4 that have run in series 3. Best one yet IMO

Hours of recorded TV to catch up on. Red Dwarf 10, Shameless and the latest airing of The Big Bang Theory just some

It was almost easier when there was just 3 channels to choose from :RoundedRectangleTool:

... is Seattle really as wet as they portray ?

Yes. The whole state of Washington is one big rain puddle.

Some of my favorite series, past and present, in no particular order:

Big Bang Theory-It took me a while to get around to watching this series, but once I did, I was hooked.

Heroes-It got pretty lame in the third season, but I still liked it.

Smallville-After a rocky start with a cheesy first season, this show really took off and explored the mythos of one of the oldest and most beloved heroes in comic book history.

Supernatural-It's like watching a different horror flick every week, with great characters and compelling stories. And let's not forget the Metallicar!

Breaking Bad-Hands down, one of the best shows on television.

Sex and the City-Anyone who says this is a chick's series has never watched it.

Dexter-A serial killer who channels his Dark Passenger into something constructive by targeting other killers? What's not to love?

Castle-Another good one if you're a fan of Nathan Fillion.

The Walking Dead-I'm usually not a fan of anything pertaining to zombies, but TWD is so well-written, it's hard not to get sucked in.

Drop Dead Diva-A show about a model who dies and comes back in the body of a plus-sized lawyer. This show deals with the subject of body image issues in a sensitive manner. And Brooke Elliott is just beautiful!

And last, but not least, my absolute FAVORITE television series of all time:

Firefly-One of the most original, creative and abused shows in the history of television. To FOX, I only have one thing to say: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Edited by RedBeard

Drop Dead Diva-A show about a model who dies and comes back in the body of a plus-sized lawyer. This show deals with the subject of body image issues in a sensitive manner. And Brooke Elliott is just beautiful!

I've found myself involuntarily sitting down to watch DropDeadDiva when my wife watches through her recorded programmes ... Brooke Elliott - I would ...

Anyone got any thoughts on Hatfields and McCoys

Is it worth watching ?

^ Haven't heard of them.

Sir. David. Attenborough. I just watched Planet Earth documentary series, and oh wow. I wish he would narrate everything on TV.

• Upvote 1

^ Our household is a big fan of 'our Dave'. The only other person who presents with such utter clarity is Simon Schama (A History of Britain & The Power of Art.)

I've been working my way through "House, MD" and I just watched the 2 part season 4 finale. sad2.gif

^ If it's the one I'm thinking it is, I had the same reaction. ;_;

House's Brain/Wilson's Heart

It's about a bus crash.

TWD

David Morrissey - a brilliant actor but not convinced by his accent

Ordered the complete Father Ted tonight for my wife ... no matter which episode or how many times I've seen it I still crack up