NinjaManDan21's Gallery [New 5/22/13 pg 14]

NinjaManDan21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember I was in sixth grade (back in 1996)and we went to school by bus. Most of the students on the bus liked different football teams, but there was this one girl who just LOVED the Packers. She always argued with everyone else how much better they were than any other team. She would even get into fights and would argue her way out of the bus. Your wallpaper reminded me of her. Nice job on this, btw.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Well thank you both of you! Yes, that sounds like a diehard Packers fan to me. My dad is not that fanatic, but all Wisconsin people I've known/met love their Football team.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

I still like the effect of the Packers 'paper. Specifically the stadium lights impression and the circuit board trace lines on the football logo created. Just got stuck for a few days on the overall composition so let it rest before I went all super critic on it ... :mrgreen: That and I get that way with sports stuff for some reason. Maybe I'm an inner fan and just dont know it. :lol:

Avatar concept is good and someone beat me to the punch about its potential to become just an amorphous blob when reduced to the correct size. Just like with creating icon sets, it seems to require a really different perspective o how you start them off ... I dont quite think I have it as all I can manage is rough outlines mind you ...

Gallery at PDN-Fans

(Filter: non-critical questions and observations. Seriously. I just cant think of how to make myself not sound "critical" but I wanted to comment since you put in the effort with a more or less hanging request for comment ...)

Okay, I've tried to think of how to ask this and its just going to sound rough around the edges no matter what: What are you looking for in/from this avatar? Normally the art speaks for itself, but often the abstracts need context like a title at minimum or a brief description from the artist to narrow them down some. Since this lost definition/detail when it got smaller, I'm not sure now about it ...

Not a critique or critical observation at all mind you. Just the text was left in but at most resolutions its now completely gone in the resize. Not even an impression really of it is left. The rest of it is nice composition though with strong potential for a subtle 3D like effect. But on the resize again it sort of lost some of the pop due to lack of contrast in this regard. Since I use the forum default skin, it is hard to see much of the middle with that much pure black dominating it.

Righto. I still hope you were asking for feedback on it mate. If not, just ignore silly ole me.

*** Hope that wasn't too many disclaimers. (And this was another one *sigh*)

Gallery at PDN-Fans

I want comments and input so that naturally includes some criticism. Everyone needs to have a taste of it cuz, that's the real world. People will spit in your face criticize you and you need to be prepared to deal with it. So thank you for your most welcome and desired options.

Edit: The ^above^ avatar is called "Digital Infection" To me, it looks like red virus-ware streaming thru the digital world of your precious computer. Like a virus would be in a person, but these are digital, if that makes sense.

New creation:

palantir.jpg

It's the Palantir from LOTR! (100% pdn)

Edited by NinjaManDan21

My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

yy10 is quite right...the work is pretty good but there are no real links between the elements.

Each artwork should have the following:

Entry point or focal point - this does not need to be in the middle. For me that was the shapes on the bottom left in your image.

Elements that connect or support the main point & logically lead the eye to the next point. So looking at your image where should my eye be drawn to next? Repeating shapes (similar) is a good way of achieving this. The white outlines on the elements kinda do this in this image.

Very much like writing a story where you have your intro, body with the main points & supporting points & a conclusion.

I really like the top right & bottom left elements & the way you did the text. I'd like to see these 2 elements on their own in a larger work.

The background to the text is really good. I'd like to see it a bit longer but keep that awesome curvy shape. That is very cool. If the text can be like the glowy style in your sig along with maybe some of that glow repeated with the bottom left shape instead of the white, I think you would have a real winner as a wallpaper. You could keep it to the bottom left & leave the rest black.

Please don't take any of this in a negative way as I think you have a great deal of potential & skill.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Not taken negative at all! It's good to hear.

I am a little lost as to which of the 2 works you are talking of with the "text" part in my sig and the "curvy lines" and such. Please specify which one at start of each paragraph.

Thanks!!

My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

Yes, I can see the confusion because our posts crossed - the one with "Light" in the centre.

The black & white one is great. The text is a little bit rough around the edges. AA Assistant or Feather or Gaussian Blur at low value should sort it out. The style of the text fits well with the abstract lines since they kind of echo each other. I like the way it looks like it is exploding. A really very good work from you! Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012