Paint Bucket filling in more than designated area

I have been working with Paint.net for a couple of years and have never had this issue before. Suddenly, today, I tried using paint bucket to fill in a square and it filled in the entire image. I don't know if I accidently changed some setting on accident or what. Does anyone have any idea how to make this stop so that the paint bucket only fills in the area I have outlined for it?

check your tolerance - the same one you use for magic wand

as a work around, use rectangle select on the area you want to fill

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Yep, it means that a smart idea is to always use the selection tools instead of the tools that just create the look.You see, the selection tools make it so you can ONLY work in the box that you made.If you use regular outline tools, it just makes it look different, no editing in that box.Hope i was of service. :)

7709837.png?292

The selection tool only works in some situations, though. It's still a problem that it's filling in more than the square I've drawn out. In some squares, I have another object in them and it's even filling in that object too and no selection tool can account for that. Doesn't anyone know what setting I can change to make it start working the way it has for the past two years? I'm so frustrated. I was in the middle of working on something and I can't do anything else with it until I get this resolved.

You've probably inadvertently changed the flood mode from Contiguous to Global. Check for this setting in the toolbar with the Paint Bucket tool selected.

More > http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/Toolbar.html