How to make chain links ?

Have tried searching for a tutorial but have come up with nothing so thought I would give it a go. Now I suppose this should really go in the tutorial section except I would then need to show how to do it ( never made a tutorial before and didn't want to make one only for someone to point me in the direction of another one ) but if people like it and no-one has done one before I will give it a go.

* Hope that all makes sense it did to me *

chainlinks.pngchains.png

Edited by minners71

minners71, this look different, I'd like to see your method, too.

Thank you Welshblue, are you referring to this tutorial?

http://www.pdnfanati...rings-t769.html

Thanks guys (welshblue is included in this thanks ;) ) I will see if I can do a tutorial then, liked the vid tut a lot simpler than my version I might see if I can combine mine with it to make it easier. How do I get the little tool images that people use in tutorials rather than having to write "use selection tool " ?

Edited by minners71

• 4 years later...

minners71, this look different, I'd like to see your method, too.

Thank you Welshblue, are you referring to this tutorial?

http://www.pdnfanatics.com/twisted-effect-plate-wiring-rings-t769.html

Framijamit! I'm beginning to think I'm doomed to find every busted link in this Forum. The Youtube video works, but flies by so fast I can't figure out what the technique is. The link to the actual tutorial yield the dred Snap! 404: This Page Is Not Available!

The Youtube video works, but flies by so fast I can't figure out what the technique is.

YouTube allows you to play the video slower by clicking on the Cog icon. Try 0.25x speed.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

YouTube allows you to play the video slower by clicking on the Cog icon. Try 0.25x speed.

I'll try it... I'd rather have it in written form. I like to watch a video to see what can be done, but I'd rather have written instructions with illustrations for actually DOING.

giphy.gif

Is that from "How It's Made"?  Man, that show has NO RIGHT to be as fascinating as it is.

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Is that from "How It's Made"?  Man, that show has NO RIGHT to be as fascinating as it is.

Yes it is, https://youtu.be/8eBze0d0eHQ?t=135

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Marilynx.  There is a step by step tutorial on here (I was following it yesterday.  I really don't know how these guys work these things out)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26665-chrome-effect-chain-links/page-1

RE the video.  If only iron age man could see what was to come

I dunno how they work it out either, Si Borg! But I have to admire the creativity!

I looked at that link, and I will try that tutorial eventually. I'm trying the other one now, because some of the things which are done in it can be turned to (evil chuckle) other uses!

Now to go find the Kill Color plug in.....

Talking to myself. Found A Kill Color Plugin, but it is not the same as the one shown in the video, and there isn't another one in the Index....

The one in the video has since been renamed to 'Grim Color Reaper'.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

The one in the video has since been renamed to 'Grim Color Reaper'.

Thank you! I will now go back and attempt to redo the tutorial with the correct tool, because trying to use the wand to get rid of the background was NOT pretty.

In addition to the jaggies, I couldn't get the gradient to work correctly for the fade out so it looked like the links were loops.

post-143238-0-21790400-1448346615_thumb.

Edited by Marilynx