Downloaded images open automatically

hi guys, new to PDN Forums, nice to meet everyone's acquaintance! I had to re download PDN a little while back, when i did, i made it my default image viewer. as soon as i set this, now every time i download an image, it automatically opens PDN, slowing down my download time, and just generally a pain in the butt. can anyone tell me how to turn this off? Thanks in advance

Dave

When downloading choose SAVE and not OPEN. boltbait.wink.png

When downloading choose SAVE and not OPEN. boltbait.wink.png

thanks for all the responses guys n gals!

I use Google Chrome, and it never happened before until i reinstalled it. once i did that, i set my default image viewer to open images in PDN. That works as expected, however, say i right click an image online, and save as......it has this huge wait time to download, then it opens up PDN every time. i just want it to save to my pc, not open PDN every time. i can't tell if its browser setting or in PDN, cant seem to find a thing!

When you download the file from Google Chrome, in the little downloads bar at the bottom of the browser window, next to the file you're downloading will be a small arrow. Click the arrow and there should be an option that says "Always open this type of file" and uncheck that.

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery

When you download the file from Google Chrome, in the little downloads bar at the bottom of the browser window, next to the file you're downloading will be a small arrow. Click the arrow and there should be an option that says "Always open this type of file" and uncheck that.

darn, i thought that would do it, but that isnt it either....im stumped!

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, or 7?

In Vista/7 there is a Default Programs control panel you should check out. (Paint.NET 4.0 will include itself in its list, but 3.5.x does not.)

post-44714-131319460103_thumb.jpg

post-44714-131319456641_thumb.jpg

post-44714-13131945711_thumb.jpg

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Are you using Windows XP, Vista, or 7?

In Vista/7 there is a Default Programs control panel you should check out. (Paint.NET 4.0 will include itself in its list, but 3.5.x does not.)

post-44714-131319460103_thumb.jpg

post-44714-131319456641_thumb.jpg

post-44714-13131945711_thumb.jpg

doesnt seem to change the fact that pdn opens every time i save a pic on the net....thank you for the reply and screenies anyway! thats an area ive never looked in