i made this for my band

grayscaleil

any input would be awesome, my band is called grayscale, and i just decided to start taking up graphic design because we are going for the full DIY deal....but anyways this is my first REAL attempt at it, i have zero prior skill or anything...i just kinda messed around, got used to some stuff, and made something that looked pretty solid for no skill or knowledge...let me know what you guys think boltbait.smile.png

coollookin-1.jpg

That's pretty cool. Only thing I would change is the font choice.

yesss for sure :) im working on the font now, i kinda just wanted to get the basic deal done, and i wanted to practice on making the text look cool and shadowed. but thanks for the input :)

I like it a lot. I think you have done a great job with your first image. Welcome to the wonderful world of PDN!

THANK YOU SO MUCH :) i love PDN its basically the coolest thing ever

Good start,keep experimenting,you will be surprised at what you can do with PDN. Here's a cool place for some free fonts if you're interested; http://1001freefonts.com/ Hope this helps ;)

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I like the image, but to use it for a band I suggest this:

1.For this kind of image to be used as flyer, cd jackets, adv. etc. I strongly recommand to work with a large canvas (4000x3000 instead 800x600).

2.There are a lot of details hard to determine, that gives a kind of geometric noise. I would second that with a few addnoise effect...

3.The grayscale isn't here execpt the name. Try to fill the font with a gray gradient...

I like the image, but to use it for a band I suggest this:

1.For this kind of image to be used as flyer, cd jackets, adv. etc. I strongly recommand to work with a large canvas (4000x3000 instead 800x600).

2.There are a lot of details hard to determine, that gives a kind of geometric noise. I would second that with a few addnoise effect...

3.The grayscale isn't here execpt the name. Try to fill the font with a gray gradient...

THANK YOU FOR THE TIPS....so then work with a large canvas then resize it smaller when the image is done? basically make a lot of detail in everything?

and ill try that, thanks :D