The Howler's Gallery --New sig 5th March--

TheHowler

Son how strongly is that a part of your design concept? I mean it seems like it would be significant considering ... In the previous and this version it doesn't fit in ...

The triangle of objects from upper left to lower right hand corner can be done but it needs to be displaced or blended differently to get that line of object established (at least based on your current layout.)

You may wan to consider a different layout placement for it, such as part of the background or slightly fading in all around the subject in the middle ... (shrug) That's just my mind playing with it though. Not sure that's helpful or not but it currently looks out of place. Just like the text in this version looks like it was added as an afterthought and not as part of the design.

Tying all that stuff in is not easy with so many different messages needing to be conveyed. You'd almost Benefit from placing that symbol/icon in front of your text and make that a complete logo idea ... Mind is still wandering around.

Hope that helps. Crazy stuff parkour ... :/

Gallery at PDN-Fans

• 2 weeks later...

I like the general idea but feel its too big, I had a little play around with it and cropped it to 350x150 and thought it looked better ( lost the dark area on the left hand side and made the text look more central) then duplicated it and used additive blending mode with a transparent gradient to brighten up the righthand side. I also outlined it with a thin white border followed by a black border and found it made it stand out better, but remember this is all personal taste and the idea behind the sig is great, you have come a long way in a short time.

I dont recognize the joker at first glance for whatever reason. The rest is pretty darn solid and intriguing. Matches previous offset shadow styles, so oddly enough that is a signature of a sorts ...

Raised letters protruding from the background are overtaken slightly by shadow to kill the feel of it emerging a little ... Always more difficult to work at this scale or something that kills stuff like that.

Hope that made sense, my head feels like its about to implode. Looks like the correct words to me at least.

Edited by delpart

Gallery at PDN-Fans

• 1 month later...

Nice. Great job on the background and I like how the text 'pops' ... masterstroke using green in my humble opinion in my poor knowledge of making sigs

That's what it was. Complimentary earth tones in background/text foreground without a lot of overblown shadow and crazed lighting, that makes that one work ... I kept wondering why this didn't look "as expected" ...

I'm starting to realize there is a different realm of sigs as well where the style is replicated with different subject matter and minor differences. Much like music. This may sound contrite, but trying to find a basis for appreciating of any art form is often needed if you dont just click with it.

Like Welsh said, the text works well for this style as a lot tend to obliterate the name in ways that more or less dont always work for my eyes.

• Upvote 1

Gallery at PDN-Fans