Jump to content

What Effect is This?

Recommended Posts


I'm looking to replicate the streaks effect on the above text. No doubt many of you brilliant people will look at this and be able to point to the right plugin without a moment's hesitation. I've been searching for hours. I'm sure it was done it Photoshop, but I don't own Photoshop to play around with it and Paint.net has so many plugins I'm going cross-eyed looking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Get the background image ready

2. Make a new layer under the background and fill it with black

3. Cut your letters out of the image layer using the Alpha Mask plugin. (There should be an explanation on how to use the plugin in the plugin thread)

4. Duplicate the layer.

5. On the bottom image layer, use the smudge tool to make your streaks.

There is probably an easier way, but I'm too tired at the moment to think of one...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...