Selection expand

jkeks

I use Paint.NET for cut background from photos of Mask for this nice project: Masks

In photoshop i can use expand selection for cutting 1 pixel more then i just selected.

In Paint.Net i usualy skip this step and images has white/black thread around the mask.

Example: http://getmasquerademasks.com/masquerademasks.html#f=http://gyazo.com/f21796c7d1f93d9e2dd80e598aced3a3.png&m=red/18.png&lo=-13&to=-167&w=764&h=644

00309.jpg

How to correct this problem, is there way to expand selection for 1-3 pixels ?

use the move selection tool(white arrow), grab the node/handle you need to expand(click and hold) then use the arrow keys to expand 1 pixel at a time

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

use the move selection tool(white arrow), grab the node/handle you need to expand(click and hold) then use the arrow keys to expand 1 pixel at a time

thanks for that hint ;) it's work fine, but it's not same is realy expand, and I need to do 4 actions to take effect

well, if your looking to make the expantion omnidirectional, hold a corner node and the shift button at the same time,

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

hmm handy selection resize - is very bad effect, it is not real selection expand, and somewhere white pixels gone, but somewhere part of image gone too.

Try to use plugin..

thanks

fb36526c364c036fed7e81a065ada61a.png

• 7 years later...

To shrink a selection, what I do is:

- I make the selection

- in a new layer, I fill the selection with a solid color

- then I feather the selection (use a plugin for this)

- then I use the magic wand selection to select the feathered object.

- then I play with the selection tool's Tolerance slider to make the selection bigger or smaller.

expanding is the same as shrinking the inverse selection.

shrink_select.png

Hello @wlusink and welcome to the forum. 

In the Rules especially #11- members are asked not to reply to very old threads.  This one is over 8 years 😱

Locking this thread, as it's pretty ancient now.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• Pixey locked this topic