FR: Keyboard shortcuts for layers

Please add keyboard shortcuts (or at least the option to define them) for all the layer commands. When I say, "all the layer commands", I mean a keyboard shortcut to do anything you can do with the mouse in the Layers window.

Specifically:

Move Layer Up / Down,

Toggle Layer Visibility,

Select Next / Previous Layer (or some set of commands to navigate layers.)

Select Next / Previous Visible Layer could be nice too.

This thread from 2006 asked for similar features, but no thread necromancy.

Please implement these shortcuts. Having to grab the mouse to do simple layer operations feels awkward and breaks my flow.

Edited by einstein9073

A fair request. There are already many keyboard shortcuts, but the ones you specifically mentioned don't seem to be present.

I was surprised that move layer up/down wasn't in the layers menu boltbait.hmm.png

• 2 years later...

Please add keyboard shortcuts (or at least the option to define them) for all the layer commands. When I say, "all the layer commands", I mean a keyboard shortcut to do anything you can do with the mouse in the Layers window.

Select Next / Previous Layer (or some set of commands to navigate layers.)

A hotkey for selecting the next/previous layer would be awesome!

Edited by spe

Hi Spe and welcome to PDN.  It's a good idea to read the rules before venturing around the forum - boring, I know :roll: ...... but a good idea anyway.  See here and especially number 11 ;)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Agreed, but as this is a necropost, I'll lock it.  Additional discussion is welcome in a new thread!  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Maybe.... ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.