Layer problem

When ever I have a layer open and I open a new one(using import from file) that is bigger then the original layer it stretches the original layer, this is quite annoying when trying to add a edited text or something I always have to open it in a new window and re-size it. Is there anyway to stop it from stretching the layer?

EDIT: Oh now I see the trouble shooting forum and I just read the desc of this forum sorry mods/staff can you move this? ._.

Edited by ineedhelpplease

i would say this is the correct forum for this, because PDN is acting how its supposed to. you ask it to import a file and it does that- the whole file. if it automaticly scaled it down you could lose details that you wanted to keep-

when it imports it, it comes up with the Move Selected Pixels tool engaged- hold shift>grab a corner node, then scale it ot where you want it,crop to selection(Ctrl/Shift/X)

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

What If I need the image to be at a certain pixel size? Because currently I am makings advert's for a game I play and the template needs to be a certain size or it won't upload right. Won't cropping it lose some size or leave a little to much? Also if I re-size it I lose the quality so that doesn't work either.

hmmm you can set rectangle select at a certain pixel size or you can use the arrow keys to scale an image in a selection to a certain size-

as for losing detail if it resized during import you would lose the same detail and a manual resize- unless its just part of the imported fiel you want, then your better off using copy/paste than import

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.