WOTW # 34 Winner Announced !

Possum Roadkill

WOTWWater.png

WOTW # 33 Microscopic World !

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

Please try to make your image in the proportion of a Wallpaper, because this is a Wallpaper comp. (Duh!)

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW # 31 - Microscopic World !

Theme Rules. Please read this !

Theme is " Microscopic World !"

The Theme Idea

You are to make a wallpaper that depicts life in the microscopic world.

That can include nanobots, viruses, bacterium, crystalline structures, or anything else that you can imagine would be not visible to the naked eye.

You must use Paint.Net but you may also use other graphics programs as well. You may not use stock images or renders.

This comp will run for TWO Weeks !

DO NOT Post your entries in this thread. PM your entries to me and I will post them as they come in.

Entry period for this competition will run through 8:00 p.m. Saturday evening (July 9th, 2011), U.S. Eastern Time.

All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in the Discussion Thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Erm, dumb question I'm sure, but what are the usual proportions for a wallpaper? I've never paid attention before. Is it something like 1079 x 726, or some other random number I can't think of??

lol, they vary so much. i make mine to 1440x900, because thats what my 19" widescreen uses. 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x768, 1280x960, and 1280x1024 are also listed as optional sizes for screen resolution on my computer. but you dont have to stick to those sizes. anything near them will work. wallpapers can be centered and/or strecthed, among other options. the main point of this rule is to make sure entries are large enough and shaped to fit a screen, else you would have some joker turning in a banner or such, i.e. 600x2400. or turning in something too small.

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

when i use my old comp that cant handle the strain, i often work on the individual components of a work in different pics, the copy/paste them together only in the final step

• Upvote 1

spacesig.png

• 2 weeks later...

MTN is right...break up the components. Save often. I had a great set of crash logs until I got a new pc.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Since I've been out sick all last week and only got back to getting on a computer today, I would like to keep this comp's entry period open until the weekend. Is everyone OK with that?

I certainly hope more people enter this comp. It's really not a hard theme because stuff in the microscopic world look so abstract and unreal it opens up things to a wide interpretation.

OK we've had two entries come in tonight, so keep them coming ! Very imaginative ! I'm going to leave the entry period open until Saturday or Sunday night depending on where you live. If you have an entry in the works, please let me know so I can include everyone who wants to enter !

Sorry for the delay. I've been sick again. I'll get the poll up tonight.

WOTW # 33 Microscopic World ! POLL IS OPEN ! POLL CLOSES SAT JULY 23 ! VOTE FOR BEST THREE !

Possum, I am really sorry to hear you've been sick again. Please get well soon & stay that way. Yep, that's an order! :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Winners are !

Entry 1 MadJik 6 votes 1st place (tie)

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/WOTW/micro16.jpg

Entry 2 MountNman 6 votes 1st place (tie)

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/WOTW/cells.png

Entry 3 Yellowman 5 votes 2nd place

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/WOTW/microlife.jpg

Entry 5 Monica 4 votes 3rd place

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/WOTW/2rduph0.png

Entry 4 Possum Roadkill 3 votes

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/WOTW/microscope.png

Thanks to everyone who entered, thanks to everyone who voted ! Thanks for being patient while I've been working through things. :D

Congratulations Madjik & MountNMan on the win! Well done Yellowman & Moninca. Possum, I like your entry too - a very different take on the theme.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

gratz madjik, very nice yellow, monica, possum

WOAH-- my first gold =O

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png