Can I scale a selection region from the center?

atkulp

When I select an image against a solid background to convert it to a transparent background, there are often extra half-background pixels due to the anti-aliasing. Is there a way to either a) scale the selection toward the center instead of from a corner, or B) use a smarter selection tool to outline an object and convert anti-aliased pixels to their semi-transparent equivalents?

Sorry if this is a common question or there is a common plugin for it. I'm a long-time Paint.NET user but first-time poster. I searched the forums and tried some plugins first!

-Arian

that blasted outline is a scourge to all, and i know of no selection tool that can handle the job. however, hope is not lost! the feather effect is here to save you. cunning use of this miracle of PDN will fade those edges perfectly. and dont forget feathers best friend- AAs assistant. when these two team up the results are astounding.

(please forgive the style of this answer--- im in a mood boltbait.big_smile.png)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=8318

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=5610

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

that blasted outline is a scourge to all, and i know of no selection tool that can handle the job. however, hope is not lost! the feather effect is here to save you. cunning use of this miracle of PDN will fade those edges perfectly. and dont forget feathers best friend- AAs assistant. when these two team up the results are astounding.

(please forgive the style of this answer--- im in a mood boltbait.big_smile.png)

Warmest thanks for your valiant efforts! Both plugins have been added to my arsenal. Cheers to you, fine sir!

Edited by atkulp