How to thicken a pre-existing line.

Hi,

I have been unable to find an answer in the forums to my problem which is this:- I have an image which is similar to a white spider's web centred on but slightly rotated to a red spider's web on a solid background. I want to delete the solid background so it appears transparent and delete the white web so all that is left is the lines of red on a transparent background. I used the Magic Wand and Global flood mode to remove the white web and background but the red lines are very thin and broken now.

Is there any easy way to just nudge the thickness up enough to make them more solid? Or is there a plug-in that can do this? I am using v3.36.

Thanks.

Apologies, I haven't updated for some time but have done so now. The attached image is the one in question. Basically I want to be left with just the red lines on a transparent background but they need to be thickened up so they do not appear broken.

The same question applies to simpler images as well. E.g. if I had a single straight line on a plain background, can I make it thicker?

Thanks.

post-76299-130852244894_thumb.jpg

Edited by primaveranz

Once you have removed Grey & white this plugin seems perfect for the job of fixing the gaps in the lines: Overliner

To thicken the line you could use Outline Object

If the image is as symmetrical as it first appears you might also try duplicating the red-web layer and simply rotating it. This might fill in quite a few of the gaps & you can repeat as needed.

• 11 years later...