Image file name

This has probably been asked a lot but I can't find an answer. So anyway, I downloaded Paint.net today and been playing around. It is pretty amazing. I made an image, and then added another image to it, which was a word with a white background. I made the background transparent using the magic wand etc... And stuck it on. The problem comes when I want to upload the image using an image hosting website. They wont allow .pdn files to be converted and if I save as PNG, the transparency is lost. Is there a way to convert from .PDN to .PNG without losing any of the features I have added?

Thanks

first.. png does support transparency, so it isnt "lost" .png is a lossless format. it will lose absolutely nothing.

so we need to figure out whats happening. what website are you using? photobucket, imageshack,??

one possibility is that you have a layer that is "turned off". this would be done in the layers window. make sure all layers have the vissibility boxes checked. if you then have a "background" layer that is appearing when you flatten the image to save it as .png then it will need to be deleted.

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

I think I have it sorted now... I guess just getting use to it... But on one of the pics, when I saved the file, there is a rectangular checkered patch where I moved the picture from and it wont go? How would I go about getting passed that?

Thanks