Paste Transparency

Hello to all. New to this program, but, I am very impressed. This I hope will be my last stupid question..(lol) In the old microsoft paint when you added a picture with a transparent surround you just clicked on 'transparent' button on left, and whit background of PNG vanished. Is there such a button in Paint.Net. Or where is the setting to achieve same?

Regards Mike

Mike

You need to delete the white areas. When deleted, these will show up as a grey & white checkerboard pattern.

One method is detailed here:

Another is to use a plugin like AlphaSpace or the Grim Color Reaper

I had hoped that would not be the answer. (very time consuming compaired to boring.[but quick] microsoft program.)

I was doing that, but I guess I am used to pasting various sizes of same pic until it 'suits' background. This can mean maybe up to 20 'layers per pic x maybe 20 added pics for even small works. If I obtain right size in another program and then do as you say, and then add them to layer list (any limit on number of layers?) I hope to be able to work it out.

Thanks for the help anyway mate. I must say again, I am very impressed with all the other tools, effects etc available with Paint.Net.

Mike

post-83517-130665998061_thumb.png

Mike

Try this:

Remove the background first, then save in a format that preserves transparency (e.g. PNG or the native PDN format).

Open your background image.

Now import the transparent image (Layers > Import from file).

Press CTRL + A (select all current layer)

Press M (Move tool :MoveTool: )

Resize the imported image by dragging the nubs around.