Quilted Maple & Mahagany

signsignified

I would like to begin by extending my thanks to those who have so graciously created and contributed to PAINT.Net and this forum. Below are a couple of pictures that I made with PAINT.Net. I used a modified version of the first step in welshblue's fine Textured Wood tutorial. I was actually looking for a figured / tiger maple design and so took a different road (after step 1) than the one outlined welshblue's tutorial. I ended up being able to get a decent quilted maple & mahagany final product...

I tried to cook up a mother of pearl inlay as well and got the following results...

HoneyQuiltedMaple_MotherofPearl_Sign_SignifiedInlay_800X640.png

HoneyQuiltedMohagany_MotherofPearlInlay_800X640.png

Edited by signsignified

Sig_Mahagany_Sign_Signified.png

IMO, the wavy lines are a bit too prominent, but it looks otherwise just like a tabletop! Nice work, and I hope to see more of your creations soon ^-^

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

pdnoob, barbieq25, and welshblue: Thank-you for your kind remarks as well as your suggestions.

welshblue: Thanks for the wood tutorial. I found that the same concepts in your tutorial helped me cook up a mother of pearl texture as well.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

welshblue: Very nice! Thanks for the link to the pearl tut. It's a very nicely condensed tut with a solid outcome. I appreciate the condensed size of your tut because I wasn't able to make my own pearl in nearly as few steps.

Thanks again!

Edited by signsignified