Flat out lies after installing.

Honestly I don't know whether to blame Windows or Paint.net. It's certainly easier to blame Windows. However everything else runs perfectly fine with .NET Framework 4 except Paint.net. After I installed I was already aggravated that I was forced to install .NET Framework 3.5.1 despite the fact that I already had 4 and it claims to be able to detect it. Same with uninstalling, afterwards it claims that I need 3.5.1 or greater EXCEPT it still refuses to work. I think this is quite the large error.

Try altering the order the NET runtimes are listed. Here's how:

"Lies" ? You're reading into things too much, inferring emotion and intention where none exists. It's computers and software, not Jersey Shore.

Also, you can't say Paint.NET is lying to you about .NET. It says, ".NET 3.5 SP1 is required." It DOES NOT say ".NET 3.5 SP1 or greater is required." Stop making incorrect accusations.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Oh ho ho, my apologies allow me to bow down to you good sir. I am not some teenybopper reality television watcher. So you can also stop making incorrect accusations. Apologies if the word "lies" hits a sore spot or pushes a button. Next time I'll state the installer AND the uninstaller display incorrect information. Forgot to speak in geek.

I thought I worded that rather politely considering the popup for the installer AND the uninstaller did in fact say or greater, so however you say it - it was in fact stating something incorrect to me. When I went to open Paint.net it claimed that and refused to open.

But either way, I have fixed it now thanks to Ego Eram Reputo.

Just thought it would be worth a look to edit incorrect displays of information in software. But, as I'm not going to argue, nor go back and screen shot it for your viewing pleasure because I'm sure you're going to question that too. I'm done, thanks for the fix, goodbye.

P.s. Maybe next time not being so sensitive might be helpful, considering I have been using your software for years and was just considering donating. Also plugged it every time people asked me what I used in my graphical design.

I'm glad you got the problem sorted out anonandticked.

Let's not ruin a prefectly good solution to your problem with a pointless bickering session. OK?