Save Selections

My nearly daily-use of photoshop at school now has my head filled with a bunch of suggestions for PDN, not all feasible. Amongst the doable, is there a possibility for saving selections? Maybe in PDN itself or a PDN?

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Guess there is an easier way, but you could select what you wanna save, then crop selection save the image and then just undo the crop selection. :)

teknightsignb.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery

Today is a gift.

So go use Paint.Net before it's to late!

Guess there is an easier way, but you could select what you wanna save, then crop selection save the image and then just undo the crop selection. :)

Yes, i was thinking the same way, add a new layer and fill the selection so next time you need the same selection use the magic wand tool on this "backup" layer..

this is called 'beating a dead horse'

the default save of PDN is set to a lossless format, that way new users(and old ones) dont inadvertantly lose details/data when they save-if you forget to save as a .jpg and save as a .png, you lose nothing but a bit of time.... you forget to save as a .png and instead save as a .jpg and you well might have to do the whole thing over becuase of data loss

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

sigh... yet another workaround. Does Rick accept any new ideas at all? boltbait.sad.png

Yes he does. But the suggestion must fit in with the plan of where Rick is taking PDN (read the blog).

E.G Several third party plugins have been included as PDN effects - the 'Clouds' effect immediately springs to mind. Suggestions like porting PDN to Linux are rejected.

Im not suggesting that Rick rewrite his code. All im suggesting is that he add some new features that people are asking for, not just sticking to including old plugins and maybe adding 1 new feature maybe every 20 releases.

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Paint.NET 3.x will not be getting any new features. Any new releases to 3.x are solely bug fixes, as most of Rick's time and energy is being put into Paint.NET 4.0 right now.

Your entitled attitude is annoying to me.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You guys just trying to suggest some "you think they are useful" new features, but you never complain about some existing features already been in PDN since the 1st release -if I am not wrong- as example the Pan tool :PanTool: and Freeform Shape :FreeformShapeTool: ,

I think I've never used them for more than 4 or 5 years, have you PDNers?

Sorry this is not a suggestion trying to remove them, but is it possible to modify the Freefrom Shape to be as it meant to be "without generating the two lines", and the Pan tool you can use the scroll wheel, and Shift scroll wheel for side move, most of the new mouses have it.

Clouds was original, not a plugin.

Really?? I've been labouring under the illusion that the Clouds effect was based on @Sepcot's Clouds Plugin. My mistake :(