Cannot Open PDN

(Hello, I'm new to these forums. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section and so on, but feel free to move it if I did.)

I'm honestly not sure what to say about this... PDN starts, and then shuts down within a second, at which point this comes up;

2mr6vt5.png

If anybody can help, it would be appreciated... thanks.

Looks like it is crashing for some other reason, and doesn't have permission to write the crash log to your desktop. We can't find the root cause until we can see the crash log, so ...

Does this computer belong to you, or is a work system? Who is the administrator? You should be able to write to your own desktop.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Looks like it is crashing for some other reason, and doesn't have permission to write the crash log to your desktop. We can't find the root cause until we can see the crash log, so ...

Does this computer belong to you, or is a work system? Who is the administrator? You should be able to write to your own desktop.

It belongs to me, and thanks for the answer, because I can now see the problem. For some reason, I can't save (most) things to my desktop. Is there a way for me to change where the crash log is written, or does it save where it is installed?

I've never heard of a way to change the location of the crash log. I suspect there isn't a way.

Better you should figure out why you can't access your own desktop and fix that.

PDN4 will save to a folder in %appdata% rather than unceremoniously dumping logs on the desktop, but there's no way to change it in 3.5.x.

To fix your desktop permissions:

Click Start

Type "%userprofile%" without the quotes and press ENTER

Right-click on "Desktop" then click "Properties"

Click the "Security" tab

Click "Edit"

Choose your username

Check the box for "Full Control" in the "Allow" column

Click OK, then OK again

Hopefully things work

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Sorry for replying so.. infrequently, but I managed to figure it out. I was changing the wrong security options for desktop (I needed the one under C:\Users\username\Desktop, not just Desktop). Now it works, and my crash log has been sent in! Thanks for the help.

Edited by Weebler