Where to post this question and how

Hi everyone!!

I am a newbie and cannot figure where to put this question. So maybe someone

can direct me to the correct area to post. I have also gone through the the help

and tutorials and cannot find the answer. All I want to do is pull a picture from one

of my computer files, enlarge and crop and then save the new picture to my computer. I have

tried this but I am really doing something wrong, because I cannot figure how to save

the new picture.

Thanks Lary

Welcome deblarco!

I assume you was able to make the modification to your image...

If you like the keyboard shortcuts, use [Ctrl] + [shift] + S to open the dialog box "Save as..." and change the name of the file (to preserve the original version).

or

If you prefere the menu : menu file, save as...

Welcome deblarco!

I assume you was able to make the modification to your image...

If you like the keyboard shortcuts, use [Ctrl] + [shift] + S to open the dialog box "Save as..." and change the name of the file (to preserve the original version).

or

If you prefere the menu : menu file, save as...

Are you sure your cropping it correctly? I use the rectangle select tool :RectangleSelectTool: and draw a selection. Which you can always modify with the white arrow tool :MoveSelectionTool: . Then you can use the keyboard shortcut ctrl + shift + x to crop to the selection.

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. Here what I did after the suggestions. I opened Paint net pulled in the photo that I wanted to crop. Then took rectangle

select toool and made the square box for the cropping. Then did the shoertcut ctrl + shift +x to crop. Then renamed and saved it. Went to where my

pictures are and saw the picture I pulled. There was a black rectangle line box in the larger picture and that was it. I thought I would have a new picture cropped, what am

I doing wrong or am I expecting too much. I thought this software would do what I was needing?????

Thanks Lary

1.to enlarge the cropped picture you could resize it: Ctrl+R use the best quality and the ratio at on.

2.is it possible you have a transparent area (white-grey checker) when you save you picture in jpg (or non-transparent format)? If so the transparent is replaced by a color (black).

Could you post the image before/after to let us see what is the trouble?