How do I create this effect?

Hi there,

I want to remove the portrait images on this header and replace it with a new portait but still want to have the "halo" (??) effect of the lighter blue surrounding the new portrait....

As you can see from the attached header image, the "halo" effect follows the shape of the woman's head....I want to be able to recreate the same look.....

How do I do that?

I'm a relative newbie to Paint.net so please provide detailed steps....appreciate it.

I have attached the current header.....

Thanks

Regards

Greg

post-75193-130442138459_thumb.jpg

From the Plugins sections, I would download & install the True Blur first. Your need to restart Paint.NET if you already have it open.

On the header of your choice, add a new layer & move it below the image (figures).

Select the colour you'd like the glow to be (halo). With the paintbrush set to a reasonable thickness go around the figure. You really don't have to be too precise with this.

You can then use the True Blur to suit what you'd like. Not sure if the current version has Bolt Bait's Fast FX as standard but the Glow on that may also give you good results. Otherwise there is Glow under the Photos section.

Hope this has been helpful. Please ask again if you need more help.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

From the Plugins sections, I would download & install the True Blur first. Your need to restart Paint.NET if you already have it open.

On the header of your choice, add a new layer & move it below the image (figures).

Select the colour you'd like the glow to be (halo). With the paintbrush set to a reasonable thickness go around the figure. You really don't have to be too precise with this.

You can then use the True Blur to suit what you'd like. Not sure if the current version has Bolt Bait's Fast FX as standard but the Glow on that may also give you good results. Otherwise there is Glow under the Photos section.

Hope this has been helpful. Please ask again if you need more help.

Hey BarbieQ,

Thanks for your reply......

I played around with the options you shared but not quite getting it........drats....

I think I'm getting seriously confused between the layers and exactly how to apply the effects.....

It's raised more questions....can I ask you to explain further:

- am I working on the header with the new image added to it?

- why do you move the new layer below the image?

- are you saying that the new layer must go betwwen the new image and the header layer?

- which layer should I be working on?

- Did that exactly using about a 25 width paintbrush.....

- Tried to use True Blur and the Glow but both affect the whole picture and not just the halo area???

- how do you just get the effect on the desired area?

Hopefully you can help.....

Regards

Greg

Edited by Greg135

- am I working on the header with the new image added to it?

- why do you move the new layer below the image?

- are you saying that the new layer must go betwwen the new image and the header layer?

- which layer should I be working on?

- Did that exactly using about a 25 width paintbrush.....

- Tried to use True Blur and the Glow but both affect the whole picture and not just the halo area???

- how do you just get the effect on the desired area?

Greg

to do this you will be working with at least three layers

a background, the "halo" layer, and the "person" layer

the background would be whatever, the person would need to bejust the person with all other areas transparent, it would be on the halo layer- set between the other two layers- that you would be doing this work on -adding the coloured outline(you could also fill in behind the pic totally) and doing the blurs and glows-

im gonna give you a link to a planet tutorial, its got some great glow work in it that i think would give you insight

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/20102-advancedish-planet-image-heavy/

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.