Drawing with mouse question

Hello,

I have a question about Paint.net and drawing with mouse.

Normally to draw with a mouse left click is used, but is there a way to make the mouse left click a keyboard key?

As example: Moving the mouse is easy but holding left click to draw or select other options is hard.

So I would like to be able to use a keyboard key in place of the mouse left click while using paint.net.

Thanks in advance

Fred

• 8 years later...

I know this topic is old, but I'd like to agree with this, as much as I appreciate using the arrow keys for pixel precision, it's a little hand crampy to hold my left hand on the mousepad so I can use left or right click to place down pixels.

1 hour ago, FanofSMBX said:

... it's a little hand crampy to hold my left hand on the mousepad so I can use left or right click to place down pixels.

I fail to see how holding your hand on the pad helps you click. 🤔

If you need more precision, you can zoom in on the canvas.

There are also plenty of third-party programs out there that will simulate mouse clicks with a keyboard key. Feel free to use one of them.

1 hour ago, FanofSMBX said:

I know this topic is old, but I'd like to agree with this

Your agreement has been noted.

Locked. https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/2932-read-first-the-rules-yes-you-read-this-2013-12-21/#11

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab