Preserving Layers

I want to save an image, but when I open the file, the layers are gone and the image is flattened.

I save it as a .pdn file, but it doesn't open, when I click on the file. Also, I try to search for 'only pdn files' from the open menu, but I can't locate the file that I just saved.

Am I doing something wrong? I want to be able to open the file and have all the layers I created still be there. It should only 'flatten' when it asks me if I want to flatten and I confirm.

No, it is not a stupid question, but I am sorry, I wish if I can help.

Just provide some more information, like, what version of PDN you're using 3.5.8 ?

And what is your operating system? XP, Vista, Windows7...

And if that problem happens just once or every time you save a project of two or more layers with *pdn format type

I am sure one of the experts will answer you soon.

Are you choosing the .PDN file format in the save dialog box? If you change it, you have to use the dropdown. Just changing the extension of the filename won't do it.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Windows XP, v3.5.8

How do I use drop down? I used a drop down to change the extension.

EDIT: It saves the layers, but I guess that's only because the original image had '.cgi' at the end of it and saving it as pdn only added pdn onto the image name.

Edited by solidsamurai

You might try renaming the file to remove one of the full-stops. It's worth a shot.