SAC #13 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

AbstractSpace3DText_Banner.png

Space Art Competition #13

THEME IS:  Steam Punk Space  

Winners Announced Below !

SAC Comp Rules:

All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

When they are allowed, obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be created in Paint.net.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images you did not create in Paint.net,

i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program or textures created in another program of any kind.

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no Maximum Size.

Special Rule #5. Do not anger the Possum.

Submission Rules

All images must be submitted to me in a PM.

Do no post your image in this thread !

Do not post your images in your gallery or any other gallery until this comp is over ! 

I will post your image in the poll, that is the only time your image should be seen before the voting begins.

Do not sign your image or put any kind of identifiable marker or logo in your image that people will link to you.

You may post your image on any other website where you are a member

(i.e. Deviant Art, PdN Fans Forum, Facebook or any other forum or website, just not on this website until the comp has concluded.

NO PLACEHOLDERS! Do not send an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS (works in progress) !

No images previously submitted will be allowed.

I reserve the right to add to the rules as people do things to annoy me. (See special rule # 5.)

THEME IS:  Steam Punk Space  

Theme rules: You are to make an image depicting anything space related in the Steam Punk style. This could include spacecraft, space suits, space stations or space weapons.

You may include planets and other space objects like moons, asteroids, planets, nebulae, possums etc.

For more information on Steam Punk you can check out these pages...

Here is what Wikipedia says about Steam Punk

Here is a Google Image Search for Steam Punk

You MAY NOT use STOCKS AND/OR RENDERS ! You may use another program to create parts of your image i.e. Apophysis, Gimp, Incendia, Photoshop, etc.

The majority of your image should be made in Paint.net. The use of other programs should be limited to the creation of textures and minor elements of your image.

(Remember, Possum’s have a sixth sense about things like this, do don’t make me hunt you down. 

So with that in mind, special rule #5 is in effect for this competition ).

THIS COMP WILL RUN FOR 2 WEEKS !

This thread is for Discussions only ! If you want to enter this comp, please go to the entry thread. 

The Entry period for this competition run through Saturday April 30th, 2011 at 8:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time. All ENTRIES submitted up to that time will be accepted

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

I really love these competitions so I can see myself getting in on many of these in the future. This latest one,SAC #13 has me stumped,lol,so I probably won't be entering anything in this comp. I am having a hard time in my mind bridging new tech with old. I know these ideas are imaginary but my mind won't connect the old with new. Sorry,I am at a loss of ideas on this one,I will just be a voter this time and look forward to seeing all the entries.

Don't feel bad Possum,I have the same mental problem with abstracts and accidentally create some without knowing they are abstracts,lol.;)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I really love these competitions so I can see myself getting in on many of these in the future. This latest one,SAC #13 has me stumped,lol,so I probably won't be entering anything in this comp. I am having a hard time in my mind bridging new tech with old. I know these ideas are imaginary but my mind won't connect the old with new. Sorry,I am at a loss of ideas on this one,I will just be a voter this time and look forward to seeing all the entries.

Don't feel bad Possum,I have the same mental problem with abstracts and accidentally create some without knowing they are abstracts,lol.;)

You still have time. Just think brass pipes and gears added to something in space and you'll do fine. I know you can do it !

i very much wantede to enter this one, but my new comp's intergrated graphics has other ideas.. my old comp is running but cant handle what iv already done, and the thought of redoing what took hours and hours on a newer machine is very duanting

buti do love the entries

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

POLL IS UP ! VOTE FOR TOP THREE! POLL CLOSES Friday May 6th 8:00 p.m.

Winners are !

First Place

Entry 4 Barbieq25 8 votes

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/SAC/SACSteampunk.png

Second Place (tie)

Entry 2 MadJik 7 votes

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/SAC/steampunk_pt.jpg

Entry 3 Yellowman 7 votes

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/SAC/steampunk1.jpg

Third Place

Entry 1 Ventor 1 3 votes

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/SAC/steampunki.png

Congratulations winners ! Thanks for your entries and thanks to everyone who voted !

I won a SAC?! Cool! Thanks so much to those who voted for my image. The competition was really stiff. All of the entries were wonderful. I esp adore Yellowman's for the detail on the figure. It was a really tough theme.

Well done, Yellowman, Madjik & Ventor!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012