Questions from the faq and about the 2011 v4.0

I read this in the faq:

Will Windows XP always be supported?

Windows XP will be supported until the release of Paint.NET v4.0, currently planned for release late in 2011. There has been some confusion as to the meaning of "support" in this context. To clarify, this means that Paint.NET will neither run nor install on XP at all; even if you were able to bypass the version check, it would immediately crash since it will be depending on OS components that simply do not exist on XP. Older versions of Paint.NET will of course still work on XP.

and have some questions:

What OS will v4.0 run on?

Will questions for XP using the older paint.net version still be supported in the forum, if stated that you are running that version on XP, or will the forum be updated and only pertain to v4.0 users?

Thanks.

I think the more pertinent question is, why are you still using a 10 year old operating system?

We'll figure out the rest as we get there. I haven't made a decision about it yet, nor will I make any guarantees.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I think the more pertinent question is, why are you still using a 10 year old operating system?

We'll figure out the rest as we get there. I haven't made a decision about it yet, nor will I make any guarantees.

:aagh:Yeah, it sucks... got anything better to donate? lol ;) This computer was given to us, I am disabled and my husband and I live on a tight budget! It is what it is. :beans: better than nothing :)

Appreciate your time with me! B)

gracey

@Sfifer is just fooling with you. Don't listen. Paint.net works on the Windows platform.

Someone remind me to beat Sfifer with a stick when class gets out boltbait.lol.png

I run long distance, offroad. Better hope your car is faster than mine boltbait.big_smile.png

Well, sweetheart, you will procrastinate! Don't keep putting it off - get to it.

Shame on you pulling Gracey's leg like that. :lol:

Gracey, you took it well. Just don't ask Sfifer over for dinner. Someone is gonna have problems sitting for a while. EER is gonna have some fun.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

My old pc,(12 yrs old) has XP and has a hard time with any editting tool,photo or video. I finally managed to afford a new pc last summer and it came with Win 7 on it,lucky me,Paint.net works awesome on it and most of the time it doesn't even kick the fan on,lol. The longest I have had to wait for anything to process has been a minute or two,the fan rarely kicks on and I have mega storage with a 750 gig hard drive. I think if I installed this program on my old computer I would still be waiting for it to finish rendering my first cube in Shape 3D,lol,lol,lol,,, Once while rendering a 10 minute video on it using Sony Vegas7 it took so long that I went grocery shopping two towns away and still got back before it was done,lol.

Does this mean that running Paint.net on older pc's with XP installed would be considered a form of Steam Punk? :D :D :D :D

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

My old pc,(12 yrs old) has XP and has a hard time with any editting tool,photo or video. I finally managed to afford a new pc last summer and it came with Win 7 on it,lucky me,Paint.net works awesome on it and most of the time it doesn't even kick the fan on,lol. The longest I have had to wait for anything to process has been a minute or two,the fan rarely kicks on and I have mega storage with a 750 gig hard drive. I think if I installed this program on my old computer I would still be waiting for it to finish rendering my first cube in Shape 3D,lol,lol,lol,,, Once while rendering a 10 minute video on it using Sony Vegas7 it took so long that I went grocery shopping two towns away and still got back before it was done,lol.

Does this mean that running Paint.net on older pc's with XP installed would be considered a form of Steam Punk? :D :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

skullbonz... you lucky dog! ;)

Actually, this compaq presario, musta been a good un, when it was bought. Only used by my niece. Hubby has had work done on it now and then and it really works well, with the moderate speed connection we have. I know it doesn't zip through everything as fast as a new one, but it sounds like it does TONS better than your old one!

:lol::lol::lol: (going to shop 2 towns away b4 it was done... toooo funny!)

up until this christmas i was on a emachine/pent 4/ 1.5 gig ram/ XP.. talk about load times... yeesh , so i know where your coming form gracey

now, ive got better(if i can keep the dang thing running) but i can totally understand making due with what youve got.. any help i can give i will

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

up until this christmas i was on a emachine/pent 4/ 1.5 gig ram/ XP.. talk about load times... yeesh , so i know where your coming form gracey

now, ive got better(if i can keep the dang thing running) but i can totally understand making due with what youve got.. any help i can give i will

Thank you so much! :biggrin:

Glad youve got a new one, I hope u can keep it running too! :rainbow: