How to Install Plugins ×

Feather Plugin (Now with Source)

BoltBait

Mmm... this isn't exactly what I'd call a feather. Feathering isn't blurring the edges, it's fading the edges to transparent, which is actually doable with the new gradient tool, to an extent.

Not saying this isn't useful, but calling it a feather isn't very accurate. :/

But, if you think about it, that's EXACTLY what its doing.

If you Gaussian blur a pixel that is sitting next to a totally transparent pixel, it becomes slightly transparent. Then, if you blur that transparent pixel, it takes on some of the color of the previous pixel and becomes slightly less transparent. Isn't that exactly what you describe?

That would be what I'm describing, if the feathered object were a solid color and nothing more.

featherpt9.png

I made this with the gradient tool, rect to polar, and alpha mask. This is a true feather. On the faded edges, not a single pixel has had an RGB value changed, only the alpha transparency. This is what the feather tool in Fireworks does, and I'm pretty sure that applies to other image editing programs.

Kaiser Yoshi, check out the latest update. I think you'll like it. 8)

FeatherUI.gif

Try the "shrink" method... :D

Go get it here: http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2498

I kinda feel sorry nobody replied to this yet, so I'm replying!

I've already added this to the PPP.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

This has already come in very handy for me. This picture was actually taken outside and I put it on this self-made background for ***** and giggles. Thanks for the feather plug-in Bolt!

BoomShakalakaka.jpg

EDIT: This is a family friendly board. Please do not use swear words. ~BoltBait

Signature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

With the new settings is even better :)

But I have found some bugs with the latest plug-in.

When zoomed in, and Use Feather@10.

Move slider from grow to shrink then Grow again.

In the zoomed area will have an effect that will look like users apply Grow-feather then apply Shrink-feather.

And "this" feather effect will only show up in the zoomed in area when feather is applied...and the rest of the area will look different like only grow-feather has been applied..

Hope this make sense :P

I can post some screen caps if you don't understand.

BTW, from this bug I found out that Apply Grow-feather then 2nd time apply Shrink-feather will make it look very nice and smooth. can there be a setting that will allow users to do this 2 steps in 1. :)

Thanks!!

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

It makes a cool text effect if you put it on Shrink@ 10 pixels.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 2 weeks later...

My computer won't download that plugin because of it's dll extension. is there any other way?

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I downloaded the feather dll but my system won't let me open it. It says "....is not a valid Win32 application" what is my problem?

Warren

• 3 weeks later...

In the zoomed area will have an effect that will look like users apply Grow-feather then apply Shrink-feather.

And "this" feather effect will only show up in the zoomed in area when feather is applied...and the rest of the area will look different like only grow-feather has been applied..

This bug has been fixed. Go get the latest version: http://boltbait.googlepages.com/feather

(Looking at the source code, I'm surprised this thing ever worked!)

This bug has been fixed. Go get the latest version: http://boltbait.googlepages.com/feather

(Looking at the source code, I'm surprised this thing ever worked!)

WOO HOO :D Thank you!!

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]