toolbar plugin?

All, I'm really trying not to be too negative in my career as a Luddite, but it's hard not to cave in.

Here's what I mean: after wiping my main workstation's hard drive due to a very new and very

nasty rootkit virus, I decided to take the plunge and install a 64-bit OS for the first time.

You can imagine how lost I felt when I discovered I could not use Paint Shop Pro 4.14 anymore -

I'd been using it since 1997. It's been my Notepad for images, and I'm sure nothing else is going

to be exactly the same - which is what I want, admittedly unrealistically.

So I ended up trying Paint.Net, and it seems pretty close, but my biggest bitch is the damned tools

not being toolbar-able. At least they follow the window, which is a small step toward sanity, but the

fact they each have to sit there as their own window is really distracting. I see by forum posts that

this is a frequent complaint as well, so it's not just me.

Multiple windowed images open at one time is also an important feature; I don't want to have to

go up top and click to another image: +1 MDI child canvas.

Please know I write software for a living myself, so I can already hear how annoying these compaints

sound to the developers - just my two cents.

--------------------------------

So all that having been said, has anyone written plugins for this stuff? I doubt it due to the nature

of the issues, but I thought I'd ask. SO if anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

--------------------------------

BTW, I'd be totally cool with paying for an image program that had the features above; you have a

good thing going Rick.

Thanks,

sF

Edited by sfalken

....but the fact they each have to sit there as their own window is really distracting. I see by forum posts that

this is a frequent complaint as well, so it's not just me.

Single Rimmer