Point-To-Point selection?

Not for selections as such, but Polygon Tool might make the point to point bit easier.

Once you have defined the polygon (on it's own layer of course), use the selection tools to select inside/outside it.

Does that help?

• 3 months later...

Not for selections as such, but Polygon Tool might make the point to point bit easier.

Once you have defined the polygon (on it's own layer of course), use the selection tools to select inside/outside it.

Does that help?

Actually, not really. I'll chime in here after visiting here a while ago. I said I'd visit to check back on this, and would start using Paint.net when it has a polygonal select tool. Photoshop Elements, which is what I mainly use, at $89 has it. My super old copy of Paint Shop Pro 6 (release in 1999) has it. However, both the Gimp and Paint.net do not.

Why? Is it too hard to do? Are the coders for Gimp and Paint.net against it? What's up?

Not having a point to point selection tool in Paint.net makes it an also ran with other, better, programs. Every person I've mentioned this to over the years has said, "what? Don't they know they need thaT? Or, something similar.

What is the problem?

Now

Actually, not really. I'll chime in here after visiting here a while ago. I said I'd visit to check back on this, and would start using Paint.net when it has a polygonal select tool. Photoshop Elements, which is what I mainly use, at $89 has it. My super old copy of Paint Shop Pro 6 (release in 1999) has it. However, both the Gimp and Paint.net do not.

Why? Is it too hard to do? Are the coders for Gimp and Paint.net against it? What's up?

Not having a point to point selection tool in Paint.net makes it an also ran with other, better, programs. Every person I've mentioned this to over the years has said, "what? Don't they know they need thaT? Or, something similar.

What is the problem?

Now

Also, my email is <snip> I am not a coder, but if I can help in any way, let me know. I've been a software tester at one point in my life and would be glad to test this feature in a systematic way.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Email removed

Not a good idea to post your email in an open forum Ken, unless you want bags of spam in your inbox.

Rick (paint.net developer) is working on a number of cool features for the next roll out of paint.net. He is very busy.

I don't believe that a polygon tool is 1) too hard or that 2) Rick has something against it. Rather it is probably just not a priority just now.

Remember that this software is provided free. You are welcome to comment on it and provide feedback, but whinging about a perceived lack of features is not going to endear you to anyone.

• 5 years later...