Support for xp now that vista is soon out

FiNGOLFiN

I know that 3 won't support win2k, and was wondering how long it would be roughly after the vista release that you would cut support for xp, or whether it wouldnt be a time, but it would be a point when the number of xp users is significantly lower.

thanks in advance.

Registered Gnu/Linux user 426057

realtech.png

I know that 3 won't support win2k, and was wondering how long it would be roughly after the vista release that you would cut support for xp, or whether it wouldnt be a time, but it would be a point when the number of xp users is significantly lower.

thanks in advance.

Man, people are already complaining about win2k being dropped, and now you want xp to be dropped right after win2k?

sig6rj3.png

for goodness sake, i'm not complaining about the drop of win2k, and i'm not asking for xp to be dropped straight away. stop drawing to conclusions, and in ase you didn't notice, its a question to rick brewster.

realtech.png

for goodness sake, i'm not complaining about the drop of win2k, and i'm not asking for xp to be dropped straight away. stop drawing to conclusions, and in ase you didn't notice, its a question to rick brewster.

I didn't say you were complaining about win2k, I thought you were asking for xp to be dropped. My bad.

sig6rj3.png

Well my guess is that when Vista starts to support certain features that just aren't compatible with WinXP. Perhaps somewhere down the line DirectX10 (or 11) will add some excellent built-in features that will provide lots of use and WinXP just won't be able to provide that (right DX10 won't be released for WinXP??). So rather than have to seperate products and trying to make the older program emulate the newer one, its easiest to just have one product.

Thats my understanding of whats happening with 3.0 (as far as Win2K support).

Paint.NET will still work, you just won't have the next newest features.

Why does this thread have "question to rick" in the title? Who else would even be capable of answering the question? Just post your questions and they'll get answered, no need to try and flag me down or anything. It's rather annoying when people do this.

Windows XP support will be dropped when it makes sense to do so. And my guess is that will be quite some time from now.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

heh, sorry, i didnt realise you were the only person developing pnet, when your signature says lead developer, i presumed that meant that there was more than one person was developing it.

and thanks, because i don't plan to move to vista any time soon, and wouldnt want to miss out on p.net :)

realtech.png

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Support for xp now that vista is soon out