B.A.N.

StaynlessRatt

The thread name should say it all LOL!

Ok.. what I am trying to learn/figure out is how to make a huge rusty looking iron-quality letters. I've downloaded some plug ins off and on so not sure what I have but it is not too far off.

What are some must have plug ins to make lettering into metals? I keep trying the tutorials but I think I need to start all over (how humbling). Some instructions come with an assumption that I thought.. err... assumed.. I had retained. Oh well - I will take any suggestions on the best way to start over!

Ratt out

Edited by StaynlessRatt

As a Noob you might be wondering how to edit your thread title.

1. Click on the EDIT button immediately under your first post in this thread.

2. Find the USE FULL EDITOR button and click that.

3. Locate the title in the text box, click in the textbox and overtype the existing thread title.

4. Click SUBMIT MODIFIED POST

Job done ;)

The thread name should say it all LOL!

Ok.. what I am trying to learn/figure out is how to make a huge rusty looking iron-quality letters. I've downloaded some plug ins off and on so not sure what I have but it is not too far off.

What are some must have plug ins to make lettering into metals? I keep trying the tutorials but I think I need to start all over (how humbling). Some instructions come with an assumption that I thought.. err... assumed.. I had retained. Oh well - I will take any suggestions on the best way to start over!

Ratt out

Metallize is the plugin that you want, although it will not get you to where you want to go by itself.

Ella's Glass Text with Filling Tutorial will give you a good base if you follow it up to the "Now Repeat all 2 more times" section which is in red.

After that you will have to duplicate the layer, apply some noise and motion blur to the noise to give it a metal surface. You will then want to run "AA's Assistant" to smooth it up and then apply the Metallize plugin.

After that you will need to duplicate the layer and shrink what you have by selecting Noise-> Median at a low setting and change everything to a brown-ish color. After that apply "Dents" and Crystallize at a low setting, followed by blurring. Go back to the layer where you ran the Metallize filter and apply Pyro's Trail plugin.

The above should put you on the right path... experiment a little and you should end up with what it is that you are after!

I ended up with the below:

81471212.png

And yes, I did not write every single detail, otherwise I would have ended up with a 250 line tutorial - the key is to experiment!!!

Edited by ventor1
naturesig.png