Skullbonz Art Gallery - May, 5th- Train Set and more

skullbonz

Great work Skullbonz,

I like the long exposure effect on the 258, and that planet looks it lies in the habitable zone, it worth a visit to there, hope they are friendly ;)

The only thing it needs - in my opinion - some atmosphere layer, it lacks that, especially when you view it in a full size 3,200px × 2,133px. But nonetheless it is still great.

Edited by yellowman

jawdrop.gif   Holly molly - those ' space scapes' are so realistic.  I like them all, but especially the explosion and the purply/pink one.  Great work once again :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you everyone, I am addicted to spacescapes,lol. I know my planets lack atmospheres most of the time but if you look at pictures from real space you will see that not all planets have atmospheres. Too many times people make other planets with only ours in mind on how it should look and that is not always the case. Take a look at Mars for instance. Another thing people add that is not realistic but looks cool is the misty clouds around planets. They really don't have many good real pictures of planets yet so it is hard to grasp the true look of planets other than our own. Most are artist's conceptions which fall back to what I have been saying so how can one vision the difference? Another thing to consider is that anything is possible in space and nothing is beyond our imagination.   ;)

Now for something a little different. I tried my hand at making a canon.everything is pdn except the background sky which is from my backyard.   ;)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Love the cannon, sky, ground, silhouette of tree etc. Really love the sky!

Personally I would add a bit more 'frizz' on the grass, (if using Furblur) - to get a more 'natural' look.

But maybe I'm biased :)

Good image!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks Barbie,I have to take a break from space once in awhile,keeps the imagination going. 

I took your advice Red and used a little Fur Blur and Cobweb on the grass. Then I added a Tamper using Fur Blur and Cobweb on the end. Using Fur Blur first and Cobweb second brings some cool results. Then I added a few more trees,a bucket,shadows,lol,no end.   ;)    

th_canon-4-e_zps0409f8d7.png

• Upvote 1

Nice work Skullbonz. I like the texture of the canon and the red , foreboding sky. Really gives it a wartime feel. Great job with the grass and tree. I know how time consuming it is making grass so it`s always nice to get it right.

Not sure about the wood texture on the wheel rim though. Surely the grain would be round not straight, although I can`t think how you might do it right now. Might be worth looking into. The canon balls I think need a bit of tweaking with the lighting and shadows.At the moment they look a bit too flat - a bit like my astronauts were!  :lol:

Overall though a great image. Nice one.   

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Great image @Skuly on the Canon. You are so good at making all these things yourself and come up with such interesting compositions :D .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

You are right Goonfella,I forgot all about the circular grain. It's not that hard to do,with the wood grain circle you can select the object and run either a little Twist with Zoom  or some Donut.   ;)

Thank you very much everyone for the compliments and suggestions,I still forget some of the details and see them later. I still need to work on this one,a few things are bothering me,hhhmm.   :)

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because of a few RL issues I have had some time to play so I made a few new ones.   I just added a new image of an old western building and porch with an empty water tub with a hole in it and an updated version of the Canon project that I personally like the best so far.   I also added an abstract I made using three layers of the Slinky plugin and Radial Blur.   Then I wasn't done yet so I added three new space pics. I kind of went on the morbid side with #262, another dimension in space that is all water.  Hope you like the new pics.   :)

Link to gallery below sig.   ;)

No way you did this in Paint.NET. I cease to believe it.

Well, you know me, I know that you did in PDN, but it's unbelievable what you created! *insert jaw-dropping smiley here*  The deck with such a peaceful sunset (or sunrise) right behind it is extraordinary. The floorboards are genuine and the spiderwebs are so real! I love how you added the skull...purely genius.

And about the cannon. *sigh* It's even more beautiful in an eerie sort of way. The way the fog sets the mood for an upcoming battle is kind of eerie. *shudder*

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Lol,Yes Helen they are all done with just PDN. I do use a few stocks like the skull, sharks and about 5% of my planets (the ones in the corners mostly but not all of those) that I can't make yet in PDN myself.  But everything else is created in PDN after years of experimenting with my arsenal of plugins,lol. 

If you think these are cool wait until you see the steam engine I am working on. It is taking me a long time to make that one because I have to take breaks and think about or experiment on how to make some of the layers in PDN.  I also haven't decided yet whether or not to put it on a bridge or the ground. The bridge will take quite a bit longer to do so I might save that for my next try at it. This image will also have the most layers of any so far,probably close to 50-60 unless it starts to freeze and make me merge some within an ongoing project,something I don't like doing. But I have started something new with this one by saving as a pdn file at different steps so that I could back track if I have to.

Almost forgot to say Thank You, please forgive me.   :)

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 1