Skullbonz Art Gallery - May, 5th- Train Set and more

skullbonz

Thank you all,I am happy you liked it. Does this mean there is another steampunk contest in the future?  It was a long time ago since the last one which I was in no way ready for,I think I am now though,lol.    :D

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

A long time ago Helen.   ;)

Thanks dug.

My newest additions were made using three of  TechnoRobbo's new plugins. He is adding some very nice additions to the list of already great plugins we already have available. I Thank all who make these plugins for the rest of us to use free of charge,it is an awesome thing you all do. Of course I have to say a Big Thank You to Rick for making all this possible. Now that I am done with my brown nosing,lol,on to the pictures. I used the  TR's Scatter for butterfly dust(a space one is in the works), TR's Distort This for Cosmic Collision and the TR's Tesla Coil for Plasma Explosion. I am having fun with these and just begun,lol

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery-update-july-21st-technorobbos-fault/page-1

Edited by skullbonz

The three pictures at the top: Very colorful and clean. Especially Butterfly Dust. I like how the little one leaves a rainbow trail behind it. :]

The cellphone: I was going to ask: by first cellphone, you mean the first one you do on PDN or you mean the first one in the History of Technology? But, then, I read the comments. They already answered my question. :]

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, your latest ones are great! (Sorry I haven't replied earlier.) The butterfly with the fairy dust is very pretty.

Tesla coils are always great to look at. I remember doing an experiment with them in Physics class.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

The butterfly one is magical! Tesla - love it, wish the guy was still around now. Can you imagine what he'd create for us now? The distortion is pretty cool too. It makes me think of time explosions. I suppose that is how one's mind works after reading The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy & Restaurant at the End of the Universe....

Has it really only been 2 years? I am so mighty glad you created a gallery because your works make me think & laugh. Your ideas are brilliant as your colours :P

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you all for your kind comments,it appears Butterfly Dust is the favorite. ;)   Being an electrician Tesla is one of my heros, his work fascinates me.  Actually Barbie it's been 4 years,lol, I wrote that in 2011 which brought it to my attention and I changed it a bit.  ;)

After seeing welshblue's bridge I had to make something kind of like it but didn't want to copy cat him by making another bridge so I chose a dock,lol.  ;)  I started out with a picture of sky,white clouds and mountain tops,a few wood textures and made this in PDN.

It was hard to pick my favorites so I narrowed the space additions to 6,lol. 

See, told you it felt much longer :D

Newest ones are fabulous. I do really love your space art & the Quiet Place one is just awesome!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

You posted such beautiful works on my birthday (August 3), so it makes it all more the special to me. ;)

"Dead Quiet" looks like a piers my family and I went to a few years ago. Beautiful scenery.

The spacescapes are loads of fun! The very first one reminded me of the first chapter of Genesis. The second one--the colors are so vivid and bright. Love what you did with the third one--some kind of electricity travel, maybe? And oh my, the spaceship for image number four! What? How? Such details and movement!

You captured such an interesting detail in image number five. The way the light seems to be moving and traveling at the same time. Wow.

I had to duck for image number six. I can't believe how well it's thought-out. Movement of the asteroids and all.

• Upvote 1

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I didn't realize four years went by already either until you mentioned the two years Barbie,lol.  I think I finally learned something after looking back at my first pics, but still learning everyday.   ;)

Thanks Drew I felt the same way when I did it and had a fight with myself over whether or not to add anything else,lol. The peace and quiet won out,heh,heh.

Helen this is where if we were married I would try to pass these off as a birthday present because I forgot to buy you one,lol.  It makes me smile to know I helped make your day a little better and Happy belated Birthday.     :D

Thank you all for your comments.

Now this newest one "Alley behind a Restaurant"  started out to be realistic bricks using only PDN  and went a whole another direction,lol.  (A hint on using the brick plugin,,do the mortar on a separate layer than the bricks)   I just didn't know when to stop!  37 layers when I merged the final and of course half of those layers consisted of a few themselves so probably a total of about 60 and 3 nights. Thank God for a Quad core and 8gb of Ram,lol.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery-update-august6th-alley/page-1

Edited by skullbonz

Alley behind a restaurant is top work Skullbonz, the little details such as the cigarette ends, paper cup, receipt, sign on the wall, the detail on the barrel and the textures make it work perfect. Brilliant work and worth a galleria nomination. B)

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

If you still have the .pdn file, flip the brick wall horizontally... ;)

Great work! The place looks terrible! The restaurant should probably hire someone to clean that up

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thank you everybody. Leave it to Welshblue to find the things that were bugging me also,lol,thanks dude. The bricks were too small and the front leg was too long, I enlarged the bricks a bit and shrunk the leg,lol.  I also lined the bottom row of bricks so they start at the ground and not below it which also changed the look a little.  I save all the bigger projects as pdn files just in case or if I want to use something again. I saved the cigs,cup and papers from my city picture as there own file for easier use even though it doesn't take long to make. I might have applied too much Dents on the bricks though,too late to change that unless I mortar up another wall,lol.   ;)

Looks like a real place! I saw your before image and now this and you've made it even better. I like how you just left the pail with a mop--for me, it makes me feel someone JUST left to take a walk or something. Like this is part of a movie. Very interesting.

By the way, is that a Dunkin' Donuts cup at the bottom left?

And also, the textures are just fabulous. The shadows are spot on and I like how it's darker under the table because it gives the table the proper placement. Again, kudos to such an amazing artist! Well-done!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I never saw the first version so can't comment, this version ,very impressive. Love the mop bucket,nice details.I like how you have done the wall,the bricks look like they are overlapping.Might make a good roof texture. All in all, I think you have caught the atmosphere, nice work.