pdf export and making transparent

jaknouse

1. Is there a plugin available to export files as pdf?

2. I CANNOT figure out how to make a section of a pic transparent. I've spent a couple of hours on this now, and I've searched the documentation section, and I've searched the forums. Most specifically, how do I set a transparent color for a gif? But how do I make an AREA of ANY file transparent? One thing I tried to do was use the "Wet Floor Reflection" plugin, and it requires a transparent area below the existing image. I couldn't do that, either.

2. I CANNOT figure out how to make a section of a pic transparent. I've spent a couple of hours on this now, and I've searched the documentation section, and I've searched the forums. Most specifically, how do I set a transparent color for a gif? But how do I make an AREA of ANY file transparent? One thing I tried to do was use the "Wet Floor Reflection" plugin, and it requires a transparent area below the existing image. I couldn't do that, either.

I did find one example for creating a transparent area using the selective cropping tool, but that's not what I need.

Make a selection with the Magic Wand or other selection tool, then press Delete.

Save as PNG or GIF.

That's one way to make transparency.

There are a number of ways to create transparency.

The most appropriate way will depend on the particular image that you are working on.

Can you post links to some examples?

Edited by Sarkut

No, but there's an online tool that can convert normal images (e.g. PNG) to PDF. I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, though.

KaHuc.png

... I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, though.

One reason might be that many commercial Print houses accept pdf's.

If you're creating ads for example, one way to avoid the whole CMYK vs RGBA problem it to submit them as pdf's.