Which effect is this?

Matt Hoffman

Is their any plugin to make the water come out? Like in this picture... (This picture is not mine - just found it on Facebook :P)

Anyone? Also, is their a text that makes the text in this picture?

post-81519-129892416312_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help :D

You are talking about a 2D image. Nothing comes out. Anything that appears to do so is an illusion. To make such an illusion, you must draw it as the author of that image has done. If you can take short-cuts by using plugins, that's great. I see alpha masks and gaussian blurs aplenty in your near future

can't help much with the text, though sorry

(rereads post) lol apologies for my relative un-helpfulness. All I'm really saying is that you can't have a plugin that does that and will just have to draw it yourself unless someone with more than my half a brain comes along with a better idea. good luck! :/

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You are talking about a 2D image. Nothing comes out. Anything that appears to do so is an illusion. To make such an illusion, you must draw it as the author of that image has done. If you can take short-cuts by using plugins, that's great. I see alpha masks and gaussian blurs aplenty in your near future

can't help much with the text, though sorry

(rereads post) lol apologies for my relative un-helpfulness. All I'm really saying is that you can't have a plugin that does that and will just have to draw it yourself unless someone with more than my half a brain comes along with a better idea. good luck! :/

Darn...I figure something out, as I am the worst with drawing :P

Only know how to do text and stuff....well TY for your help :)

If you like the shapes of the water you could put this image on the bottom layer (also suggest using about 4 times larger than the finished image should be, gives a crisp, clean image when you downsize the finished work. For the curvy long drops, add a new layer & using the Line Tool with rounded ends, small brush size, right mouse button for smooth curves & just do a few curves at a time, each one on a new layer, being very careful to overlap exactly. When you are happy with the shape, merge the lines down. This will be your template that you can use to copy/paste where you want them, each one on a new layer. You can then colour with the brush or line tool & blur to get the effect. Since each one is on its own layer, you can make them all slightly different. You could also vary the shapes a bit by using Bulge, Point Warp - try a few to see how they look.

The roundish spots can be done with the ellipse tool, all on one layer & use Dents at a low setting to get the distortion (or any other plugin you can think of).

The text effect could possibly be achieved by using Clouds at a small setting & doing Conditional Hue Saturation to get a rainbow effect. Use any blocky text in black on a new layer, under the Clouds layer. Erase roughly the parts you don't want of the Clouds, try different blend modes of the layer to see which one you like the best.

It isn't impossible to recreate something similar but it will take time & perseverance.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012