What text effect is this ?

BBB

First image: The effect Effects > Distort > Bulge will mimic this effect. Write your text and then select a rectangle right around the text that just includes the top of the text. Run the effect mentioned and play with the central location & sliders.

Second image: Same method as the first, but when making the selection, make sure that the surrounding selection rectangle just encapsulates the bottom of the text.

Third image: Either again use the bulge effect (this time making the selection with a good sized margin around the entire piece of text), or try one of @dpy's text effects from this plugin pack:dpy's Pack

Bulgedemo-1.png

You're very welcome. Have a great time on the forum.

• 3 months later...

I can't for the life of me get this to come out right & I'm not sure why. I'm trying to do a school name, Frontier Cougars, with a slight arch going up?? I made a fairly large rectangle box around it (I'm using baskerville, 24", I think, font) but I can't get it centered or arched right? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

1. Put your text on its own, otherwise transparent, layer.

2. The Bulge effect has a set of crosshairs in the dialog. Use the mouse to move these around. The effect is that the centre of the bulge effect will move with the crosshairs. To get an even bulge, the centre of the effect needs to be in the centre of the text.

The technique detailled in my post above was really to curve one edge of the text. For a true arch or curve you might have more success with dpy's Circle Text