Problem with Custom Brushes Mini

I downloaded the most current "Custom Brushes Mini" plugin, and every time I select it, it says the following message:

"This plugin has encountered an error, and must be closed.

Because of the unpredictable nature of these types of errors, it is strongly recommended that you restart Paint.NET before proceeding. Otherwise, there could be further stability problems or data corruption."

It says to restart Paint.NET, and I did. It continues to do the same thing.

I have viewed the forum Page

http://forums.getpai...s-mini-problem/ where someone was having the same problem

and I have copied SBCommon.dll to the effects folder as well as CustomBrushesMini.dll, but where as that fixed the problem for the other person, I continue to get the same message

The plugin error details are

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushesMini.dll

Effect Name: CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect

Full error message: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.NativeMethods.SHGetFolderPathW(IntPtr hwndOwner, Int32 nFolder, IntPtr hToken, UInt32 dwFlags, StringBuilder lpszPath)

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Shell.GetCSIDLPath(Int32 csidl, Boolean tryCreateIfAbsent) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\SystemLayer\Shell.cs:line 925

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Shell.GetVirtualPath(VirtualFolderName folderName, Boolean tryCreateIfAbsent) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\SystemLayer\Shell.cs:line 955

at PaintDotNet.PdnInfo.get_UserDataPath2() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Resources\PdnInfo.cs:line 65

at PaintDotNet.AppModel.AppInfoService.get_UserDataDirectory() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\AppModel\AppInfoService.cs:line 44

at CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect.CreateConfigDialog() in D:\co\custombrushesmini\CustomBrushes\CustomBrushes\EffectPlugin.cs:line 22

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 799

Also i have read that there is supposed to be a location "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Paint.NET User Files" which I do (did) not have

I created this folder and put a few brushes in but didn't help anything

Please Help

I seem to be having a similar problem as the person above. I've tried to follow the instructions in this tutorial, but after copying the appropriate files to the User Files, the tutorial mentions that opening Paint.net should create a folder called "Custom Brushes" under User\Documents\Paint.Net User Files. This does not happen.

Then when I open Paint.net and try to open the Custom Brushes Mini effects, it gives me the same type of error as mentioned above, but the error details are as follows:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushesMini.dll

Effect Name: CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect

Full error message: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.IServiceProvider PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.get_Services()'.

at CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

There seems to be something missing there, but I don't quite understand it, and don't know how to fix it... I'd love some help!

Thanks!

-V

I finally made it work, but I'm not sure how. I completely uninstalled Paint.net then reinstalled it. Perhaps I didn't have a recent enough version of the software?

When I reinstalled it, Custom Brushes Mini was magically already installed, not sure why, because I thought I had erased all files. Anyway, I can't offer much input, but perhaps this can help...!

-V