'long shadow' text....?

steeev

Hi,

I just downloaded Paint.Net and have been enjoying playing with various text possibilities, but i'm stumped as to how to create a 'long shadow' look to a text title...

I managed to reflect the title, and with a couple of attempts, managed to rotate the text, and italicise the reflection, but i was looking for a way to 'stretch' the reflection - anyone got any ideas for any moves/ plug ins that could achieve this please ?

Here's how far i've gotten with it - any replies appreciated,

steve

( incidentally, i've just realised i've posted this in the wrong section - can't see a way to move it - apologies... ) 8 /

post-81355-129809321912_thumb.png

Edited by steeev

Hi,

I just downloaded Paint.Net and have been enjoying playing with various text possibilities, but i'm stumped as to how to create a 'long shadow' look to a text title...

I managed to reflect the title, and with a couple of attempts, managed to rotate the text, and italicise the reflection, but i was looking for a way to 'stretch' the reflection - anyone got any ideas for any moves/ plug ins that could achieve this please ?

Here's how far i've gotten with it - any replies appreciated,

steve

( incidentally, i've just realised i've posted this in the wrong section - can't see a way to move it - apologies... ) 8 /

If I am reading your question correctly, you would probably want to try to 'motion blur' on a selected shadow area or Pyrochild's trail plugin to create a stretched shadow. 'There are many ways to skin a cat'. ;)

Edited by ventor1
naturesig.png

Welcome to the forum!

I've moved this thread to the Questions and General Discussion section for you.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You could just strectch the image, press the black arrow ton tools and drag down the bottom 'dot'. There are more elaganet ways of doing this, but your new and this is easy.

eOdUjVm.jpg

This was made using the Shape 3D plugin.

The shadow was selection stretched and blurred before running Shape 3D.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5886/shadow04.png

In Box > Dice Cube mode.

I believe that yellowman made a 3d Room tutorial that explains the use of Shape 3D for this.

===========================================

This was made by selection stretching using the Move Selected Pixels tool :MoveTool: ,

then the Perspective plugin, and Layers > Rotate/Zoom.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7092/shadow02.png">

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7092/shadow02.png

Edited by Sarkut

Ah, thanx for the response, very good of you...

and thanx pyrochild for moving my post - what can i say, it'd been a long night...

i looked into the various options, and found yellowman's approach the most useful in this instance - although sarkut's image was the closest to what i had in mind, i think maybe the the shape 3d plug in's a bit beyond my skill level at the moment - got a bit lost in it...8 )

anyway, here's where i am with it now...

post-81355-129815591075_thumb.jpg