Another how-to question: Wet Sand

I'm working on a piece right now where I would like to have the main impression be that the picture was drawn in wet sand with a stick. I've made decent progress with colors and Effects > Noise > Grain, along with some Engravy/Embossy goodness, but so far I'm only able to reach an impression of sandstone. I'm trying to figure out a way to generate a few lumps of sand along the edges of the drawn lines, and possibly add a glistening wet look to the overall image.

Suggestions?

Many thanks,

Heather

-Add thick borders around the text, distort it heavily with Dents, Engrave/Emboss plugin to high amount then add Noise.

-And for more 3D effect, after Noise, erase inside the text (use original text layer as Mask) then add Drop Shadow "Black and white" to match the source light of the lumps those generated with Engrave/Emboss plugin.

:GlowEffect:- Crystalize distort on a very low quality/cell size gives a good result for sand.

-Add thick borders around the text, distort it heavily with Dents, Engrave/Emboss plugin to high amount then add Noise.

-And for more 3D effect, after Noise, erase inside the text (use original text layer as Mask) then add Drop Shadow "Black and white" to match the source light of the lumps those generated with Engrave/Emboss plugin.

pdn35icons.GlowEffect.png- Crystalize distort on a very low quality/cell size gives a good result for sand.

To add the borders around the text - which plugin do you suggest using?

Thanks in advance